Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

8 minutes ago, packbacker said:

The snowhole will be more impressive then 1-2” of snow.  I just expect it now...something always happens.  #snowshield.  

It might be me...I started this hobby about 13 years ago and we've been in this drought it seems like the entire time (with the exception of 2010)...:lol:

2 minutes ago, Solak said:

What are the chances of the event being over before the snow hole fills in? :D

Loop the radar, you can see the band to our southwest dying out.  50/50 we get blanked completely.   Probably a dusting though is my guess.  Maybe 70/30 for a blank.  

1 minute ago, packbacker said:

This is way more impressive then getting 1-2" of snow.  None of us in Raleigh would remember a 1-2" event but we will remember the snow hole.  That band to our west will eventually snow itself out and may bring us some flurries, but doubtful.

This is crazy...Every time I think its filling in, it comes back in the next frame.  You're right, we'll definitely remember this.

2 minutes ago, packbacker said:

This is way more impressive then getting 1-2" of snow.  None of us in Raleigh would remember a 1-2" event but we will remember the snow hole.  That band to our west will eventually snow itself out and may bring us some flurries, but doubtful.

UB4rGt4.png

Pack it's on your door step. RAH thinks you may be in one of the sweat spots with 2-3"

28 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Please tell me this isn't real. Jesus you guys. :(

Screenshot_20180103-191153.jpg

Ok, that really is sad and I hate it for you guys. Gee, why does that look so familiar... oh that's right, that's what I see every time it's supposed to snow here in the upstate. Ours is caused by mtn downslopping, what causes it for you guys?

1 minute ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Ok, that really is sad and I hate it for you guys. Gee, why does that look so familiar... oh that's right, that's what I see every time it's supposed to snow here in the upstate. Ours is caused by mtn downslopping, what causes it for you guys?

pack!....:lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding pack!

50 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Pack it's on your door step. RAH thinks you may be in one of the sweat spots with 2-3"

I'm pretty confident that pack's been in a sweat spot for this entire event and for days leading up to it.  Now, if he could only find the sweet spot...  :P

Seriously, this must be so painful that you can't help but try to find the humor in it.  I was very confident that pack, CR, and the gang would get a decent snow out of this.  It seems my confidence was misplaced, and you guys were right all along.  I really am sorry that you're missing out on this one, as of yet.  I still think it will eventually fill in and you'll each get an inch or more, but this waiting must seriously suck.  There's no other way around it.  :(

Terrible for my location. That band has dissipated coming out of Durham and I think northern Wake may get the shaft on this. Will probably get some accumulations but not very much. I guess I shouldn't be complaining, but it's going to hurt see the snow map with higher numbers to my west and east. Oh well done venting... 

3 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Why

I'm pissed FOR anyone on this board inside this circle. Hopefully most are seeing snow on either side of Raleigh. This is insane.

Screenshot_20180103-210939.jpg

I’m there but we are having the tiniest bit of flurries but our kids are pretty much in paradise so I’m happy.  I just looked out the window and it’s over.  Oh well.