Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

7 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Meh, put the NAM in motion and it’s a rain/sleet slop, ending as flurries here! Seen it 29 times in my life! Those mountains are a b———

But we do so well when the cold arrives late.. Even if that high was 1070 we would still rain if it was west of the Apps...Cess would have pulled the plug on Friday :cliff:

26 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Say it ain't so NAM!   I can't be flying back into GSO on Thursday afternoon in a foot of snow.  That dog won't hunt.  I'm sorry, but I'll be doing my best to throw a lasso around that thing when it crosses Texas to see if I can slow it down.  If it wants to wait until after 4pm I'm all in!  :weenie:

Yea, I'd like to request a 7pm start time myself for maximum chances of any accumulation.

16 minutes ago, lilj4425 said:

I wonder if any tv mets read this forum? 

Oh absolutely. In fact, I think there was even one in GA who used to post awhile back but I forgot the name or what station it could have been.

Meh, not impressed for my area. Not enough precip and not enough cold.  Hard to snow with those ingredients. Burrel's posts give me some hope but I feel this is one of those "coastal low resulting in moisture skip for the upstate with it being to warm with initial light precip" events. If we are able to get anything it'll be a novelty with northern and eastern NC getting the goods. This past decade Greenville NC has done way better than Greenvile SC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Meh, not impressed for my area. Not enough precip and not enough cold.  Hard to snow with those ingredients. Burrel's posts give me some hope but I feel this is one of those "coastal low resulting in moisture skip for the upstate with it being to warm with initial light precip" events. If we are able to get anything it'll be a novelty with northern and eastern NC getting the goods. This past decade Greenville NC has done way better than Greenvile SC. 

Now the precip is coming more N and is more robust, it’s going to be too warm, shocker! I’ll enjoy my 2 sleet pellets while Coastal NC sees a foot! That’s how you win and we suck! Can’t lose with a 1050 high in February, GSP like, hold my grits...