Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

37 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Burrell already jackpotted, he deserves rain!:ph34r:

The biggest snow I've ever seen in my backyard is 5.75 inches, 2nd biggest is 4 inches. That's over a 30 year period.  Please feel free to name another city in the Southeast outside of Florida who hasn't gotten a bigger storm than that over the past 30 years.

7 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

The biggest snow I've ever seen in my backyard is 5.75 inches, 2nd biggest is 4 inches. That's over a 30 year period.  Please feel free to name another city in the Southeast outside of Florida who hasn't gotten a bigger storm than that over the past 30 years.

How is that even possible

8 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Whatd you get in 93?

16 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

That’s sad! Really, I got 8” accidentally in March of 09, you weren’t around for January 88? That should be enough for a lifetime!?

1 hour ago, burrel2 said:

That's honestly amazing to me given the relative close proximity between us. Even the lower elevations here, down at the river near the SC border, have had at least 2 near 12 inch storms and a lot of 4 inch+ just since 2010. That Lee side screw zone running through GA/SC/NC is just a terrible thing.  

3 hours ago, burrel2 said:

Big difference just between you and me in Easley. I don't do as well as many, but got 5.5 in 2016 and 8 from 2011. Still have a lot more mixing than TR, Greer, etc. Grew up in Dacusville and that was generally a good spot. 16 from 88, at least 12 from 87, around 10 from 93, 6 from 96. My parents there got 9 in 2016. Amazing how much 10 or 20 miles makes. I was in Taylor's for March 93 but never got more than 4.5 due to ground temps being stuck at 34. Western upstate completely missed on others like Jan 2000 and Feb 04.

3 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

When a storm is within 3 days, then start a storm thread. If there's agreement with most models, then maybe 5 days.  

Next time a weenie tag will be issued  :weenie:

I've not posted in that thread yet because I refuse to participate in jinxing our best long range threat of the year lol

3 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I know there are years where RDU got blanked, but has there been an entire winter season where no measurable snow was recorded in the entire forecast area? Furthermore, has there even been a season where the Raleigh NWS didn't issue a single winter weather product throughout? We may be in rare territory here

Most depressing winter in history to be sure. It is almost impossible to get a win in this pattern. The 2/8 event was a lottery win for those who lucked out.

• Confused 1

What the flying he*l people!? How hard is it to keep the one liners and whining in the banter threads?! We have 2 banter threads just for this reason. I know this winter has sucked. I’ve lived through a lot of winters that suck and I bi*ch about it in the banter thread. It’s not rocket science. I really don’t like having to call people out. Especially those that have been here long enough to know better. Come on everyone. Just do the right thing 

• Like 1

don't quite understand, we get probably the best look of the year with cold air in place but getting the moisture, storm to meet up with the cold doesn't look good right now.  Was hoping this wood verify,  man the rain storms always, usually verify and we can't get one snowstorm to verify.  :facepalm:

• Sad 1