Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

20 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

How much did you see today Buckeye?

I had just over an inch and it lasted until about 4 o’clock. :wub:  My daughter brought the grandkids and my son up here today. They arrived just after the moderate snow started. We built tiny snow people, threw a gazillion snowballs, made snow angels, ate Oreos and drank all the hot chocolate :lol:  It was a great day and I couldn’t be happier the NAM was right for once. Yes.... I did write it down because it probably won’t happen again anytime soon :snowing: :weight_lift:

1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

:maprain:Remember when Brad P issued his winter forecast and went with above normal snow for a lot of people?? 

I need to resolve to never read another long-range winter forecast again.  Forget a three-month forecast: we can’t even get three days right.  We might as well resort to palm reading or pig entrails.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When was the last strong CAD ice storm for the RDU area? I feel like they used to be way more common. Even minimal events with front end Freezing Rain seemed to occur more frequently. We haven't had ice issues (power outages) in some time, not that I'd want them, but it just seems there always used to be stronger CAD on the front end of most rain systems than now. I can't tell you the last time I saw freezing rain

7 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

Look, folks.  More rain on the way.  This is getting ridiculous.  My lawn is like a bog garden at this point.

Yeah, even down here I don’t think my yard has fully dried up.  I’ll take the warmth (seriously, I generally like warm winters—there’s a reason we live here) but please, stop the rain!

(That said, a good hard freeze for a day or two would be nice, to kill off all these danged gnats...)

18 hours ago, SENC said:

Plant some Rice.. I did a few years back, (Carolina Gold Heirloom rice),, Down here in ILM,, Was quite successful.. 

Things are coming along great here in our northern Guilford rice paddies.  Perfect timing before the early foot traffic hits the farmers’ market.

But, seriously, this is becoming absurd.  We should be able to bank all this water for when we’ll really need it in August.

265C926D-BD36-4F5A-B3D0-1448B3F2F3DA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love the enthusiasm on the main board but chasing these D10 storms is the definition of insanity. Same thing happens and people expect different results. Hey- at least it's something pretty to look at! I am 100% convinced we are getting blanked. This winter's grade is a N/A. It never showed up. I walked out my door this morning at 6:30 to 68 degrees...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I love the enthusiasm on the main board but chasing these D10 storms is the definition of insanity. Same thing happens and people expect different results. Hey- at least it's something pretty to look at! I am 100% convinced we are getting blanked. This winter's grade is a N/A. It never showed up. I walked out my door this morning at 6:30 to 68 degrees...

I don't have any expectations so it's kinda fun. It's like my team's down 2 touchdowns with a minute left. Might as well see what happens

2 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Chasing D10 storms = doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Actually on the Euro, it’s next Thursday, and probably coagulating in TX at day 5, so not really a 10 day storm!