Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

32 minutes ago, Tar Heel Snow said:

First time I can remember not even having a legitimate threat to seeing a flake.

That said, yes patterns as a whole have changed, but many people on this board could use a lesson in recency bias.

People only remember the great winters of the past. 09-10 was the best winter here in the mtns. The winter of 08-09 was terrible. 

12 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

People only remember the great winters of the past. 09-10 was the best winter here in the mtns. The winter of 08-09 was terrible. 

If I’m remembering that winter of 09-10’ correctly, I can remember driving from Greenville to Banner Elk and there was old snow and ice on the ground for the majority of the ride that had been there for weeks/months. I had been making that trip since I was a kid and can never remember another ride through the mountains like that one. 

1 hour ago, CentralNC said:

One things for sure.  I am done reading "Winter Outlooks" from anyone whether it's a Met or not.  It's such a crapshoot and personally don't want to get my hopes up again.

It is over here anyway. Start the countdown to next winter

2 hours ago, CentralNC said:

One things for sure.  I am done reading "Winter Outlooks" from anyone whether it's a Met or not.  It's such a crapshoot and personally don't want to get my hopes up again.

Yeah, me too!

Those red tags post such useful forecasts to explain their thoughts!

You guys might as well get used to no snow and “hot” winters for the foreseeable future. At my location, we’ve maybe had three weeks of seasonable weather. The grass around the house never did die. My roses are still blooming. A couple of weeks ago, I had to put on off because the mosquitos were out biting me. Diurnal temperatures are 30+ degrees when the sun is out, and even when the 540s are well passed us, the temperature is above 32 degrees several thousand feet into the air. It’s still cold in the north though, for now. Oh well, only the future will tell. 

22 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

Well, I’m usually pretty reluctant to throw in the towel, but looking long range doesn’t leave me too optimistic.  At least I saw flakes and a very light mulch dusting last week, but this season has been miserable.  The worst soggy and tepid winter in ages.

Just not a good year east of the Rockies for snow. Of course out west they're setting records!

21 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Just waiting to see if this ends up being the worst winter ever for my location (for the past 30 years). So far this year I've only seen some light sleet with a few slushy snow flakes (no accumulation). 2012 is number one (worse year) right now. This was the only event:

jjj.jpg.1a08aee5cdc1d1f87a45c796929edd52.jpg

When I was living in Roxboro. From 1999-2014.

I don't really recall any year where nothing fell. 

We had good years and bad years. But I don't recall any thing like this year. 

32 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Just waiting to see if this ends up being the worst winter ever for my location (for the past 30 years). So far this year I've only seen some light sleet with a few slushy snow flakes (no accumulation). 2012 is number one (worse year) right now. This was the only event:

jjj.jpg.1a08aee5cdc1d1f87a45c796929edd52.jpg

With the way this season is going, I'd take that event and cash out today. I do not think we will see measurable snow in Raleigh. Good find though as I've been here for the same timeframe, 30 years.