Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

7 hours ago, lookingnorth said:

Raleigh's up to a 29% chance of blanking this winter just given climo on no measurable snow thru the 25th. Meanwhile, OKC luckily avoided blanking on winter with a whopping 0.1" of snow on the morning of the 22nd when I was asleep.

Now you're just rubbing it in  :P  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

We're in trouble folks. Big SE ridge looks to build in after next weekend for a while at least according to the EPS and OP Euro. More rain of course too. 

I’ll get roasted for saying this - and that’s fine, but I wish we’d get at least a minor drought. WNC is becoming Seattle south. We can’t string together more than 2 dry days a week and when it rains, it rains 2+ inches every time. My yard is muck. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

has any model ever in any time frame been wrong by predicting too warm????   i ask because it seems here the word is the models are NEVER ever wrong that way....like yesterday here imby they had forecast high in mid 50s and low 40 and the temp hit 50 for about 5 minutes and the low was only 29......

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, BillT said:

has any model ever in any time frame been wrong by predicting too warm????   i ask because it seems here the word is the models are NEVER ever wrong that way....like yesterday here imby they had forecast high in mid 50s and low 40 and the temp hit 50 for about 5 minutes and the low was only 29......

^rhetorical question :tomato:

Ok so I know it's TWC and all but it shows my lowest temp over the next 15 days as 36 and reaching 67 on Monday. Seriously? What a pathetic winter. 

BTW, just looked back at daily temps for the winter of 2011-2012, when GSP went w/o a trace. This winter has been SIGNIFICANTLY warmer. Just wow at this winter so far.:facepalm:

5 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Ok so I know it's TWC and all but it shows my lowest temp over the next 15 days as 36 and reaching 67 on Monday. Seriously? What a pathetic winter. 

BTW, just looked back at daily temps for the winter of 2011-2012, when GSP went w/o a trace. This winter has been SIGNIFICANTLY warmer. Just wow at this winter so far.:facepalm:

Winters over, if that’s even possible, since it never even started! Nothing but normal or above temps through mid February! I have not even had 1 sleet pellet. This is the worst winter I have ever experienced! The awesome 10-15 day phantom pattern changes and snowstorms, just add insult to injury!

5 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Got to warm up and get thunderstorms, then snow 10 days later!:deadhorse:

well after picking up school kids and lots of buses already out on the road Buncombe County decides to have a two hour delay even though last night the weather service put out a special statement about black ice this morning for Buncombe County, lots of buses had to take kids back home.  Every county had called a delay early this morning except Buncombe, even Henderson County.  Wake ups folks and be on the side of precaution.  :angry:

• Like 1

well after picking up school kids and lots of buses already out on the road Buncombe County decides to have a two hour delay even though last night the weather service put out a special statement about black ice this morning for Buncombe County, lots of buses had to take kids back home.  Every county had called a delay early this morning except Buncombe, even Henderson County.  Wake ups folks and be on the side of precaution.  :angry:

No doubt. If you’re going to make any changes it needs to be before 5 AM on any school day.

31 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

What a craptastic winter! The blockbuster cold pattern that was supposed to start next week went poof, thank god irs almost over

At least it’s not an analfronal cutter yet. We could honestly use the rain. Need the crappy beds as far up on the bank as we can get them. Beetlespins aren’t as effective in deep water :sled:

I think the most depressing part of this winter has less to do with the lack of physical storms themselves and more to do with the lack of being able to geek out, track storms, losing sleep for model runs, and watching these threads blow up. Such a deflating season, because most of this board disappears until November. I just hate that the odds of tracking something fun are so low at this point. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BooneWX said:

I think the most depressing part of this winter has less to do with the lack of physical storms themselves and more to do with the lack of being able to geek out, track storms, losing sleep for model runs, and watching these threads blow up. Such a deflating season, because most of this board disappears until November. I just hate that the odds of tracking something fun are so low at this point. 

Amen.

• Like 1

Well, as the LR now takes us into mid February with no hint of a pattern change, you may as well find your nearest cliff and jump, if you haven't already. Getting into sun angle szn before too long which starts to eliminate this board from south to north with every passing day outside the mountains. Ugh I didn't have high hopes for this winter but did not envision a board-wide blanking (minus the mountains)

2 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Well, as the LR now takes us into mid February with no hint of a pattern change, you may as well find your nearest cliff and jump, if you haven't already. Getting into sun angle szn before too long which starts to eliminate this board from south to north with every passing day outside the mountains. Ugh I didn't have high hopes for this winter but did not envision a board-wide blanking (minus the mountains)

I believe parts of North AL got a couple inches of snow in December. Or is AL not a part of the SE forum ?