Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

3 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

I went outside yesterday to spray some weeds with a new thing of Roundup that I bought from Lowes a couple weeks ago.  It's been sitting in my garage since that time.  I poured it into my sprayer and it was all clumpy...like a slushy.  Anybody know why that is?  @mackerel_sky ?  Bueller?  Anybody?

It will clump if not stored warm safe and dry

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/roundup-clump-up-jug-94254.html

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

I went outside yesterday to spray some weeds with a new thing of Roundup that I bought from Lowes a couple weeks ago.  It's been sitting in my garage since that time.  I poured it into my sprayer and it was all clumpy...like a slushy.  Anybody know why that is?  @mackerel_sky ?  Bueller?  Anybody?

Not sure. Have never seen that before. I would just take it back and get a new one! Did you mix it? Maybe the clumps would dissolve? That stuff will give you cancer! Should have used preemergent, I know a guy!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Not sure. Have never seen that before. I would just take it back and get a new one! Did you mix it? Maybe the clumps would dissolve? That stuff will give you cancer! Should have used preemergent, I know a guy!

Haha I haven't seen that before either.  On the other hand, I don't usually spray weeds at 40F.  Anyway, saw the article that Fraz posted.  Hopefully, it'll work ok when it warms up.

I love how some of the talk in the Foothills/Mountains thread was mocking the doom and gloom from the main thread when they were just able to squeeze out a couple inches of snow on what was forecast to be a dry day! If that ever happened outside the mountains, I would never bicker again. Haven't seen a flake this winter!

7 hours ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

I have a feeling that Feb will deliver a few board wide winter storms. Just a feeling.

It's completely a guess but I feel the same way. At least they are showing several coastal storms or late bloomers in the Mid Atlantic. Cold is an issue (haven't heard that before). We still have a lot of winter to go but man, I haven't seen many runs in the last couple weeks even in fantasy land advertising a single flake for Raleigh. Hard to keep hope alive while burning through 2 months of prime climo relying entirely on a month that has let us down so frequently...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

And just when we’re starting to dry out, too.  I was getting tired of toweling off my dog’s paws after he came back in.

I'm in the same boat. My fiancé and I had to buy wet paw wipes. Our mudroom is living up to its name! At least the ground has been frozen for a few days so there's been some relief

• Like 1

Check out dog boots on amazon. I’ve used them since fall of 2018 and they have saved my rugs and no more wiping wet paws. Walkee Paws waterproof dog leggings. They look ridiculous but they stay on and work great as long as you put them on correctly. And a bonus is fun to watch your dog walk in them.

And now, back to the weather...

Just now, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Is anyone seeing a single fantasy map show anything frozen for SC? I haven't seen a single one the past couple of days. Pretty bad when you can't even find fantasy snow in the heart of "winter." 

Oh, warmnose just posted this.

D71BF73C-E0B1-4188-AC23-8E0291F6DFED.thumb.png.b23b3227a50ff27780750d8b87181ae8.png

Now I feel better, at least now I can pretend there's a chance, even though it pure fantasy. Thaks warmnose!:wub: