Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

12 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

Yeah, kinda my point. Not the best at long range cold projection. Good to see you kiddo.

:wub:  It’s great to see you too

4 minutes ago, FLweather said:

Wonder how long its gonna take to fix the convection issues that has been plaguing since November?

Only since November? :lol: :hug: 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, eyewall said:

I know I have been taking some heat for saying RDU may zero out this year, but there have been plenty of winters where they have only come in with a Trace.

i think your prediction has a good chance at coming to fruition, this pattern "change" is nothing more than a 3 day colder than average spel

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BillT said:

been around several years and i still cant understand why each model run is accepted as the gospel? they have almost no consistency and each run while being accepted as gospel proves to be wrong.......

Not only that but to get worked up over the GFS in fantasy land is a recipe for major disappointment. Every winter same folks same stuff.  

7 hours ago, yotaman said:

Had to mow my backyard today. Thanks winter. Thought I could have  at least 3 to 4 months off from that!

I'm 72 years old(don't say a damn thing) and 10 years ago I had never mowed my yard in November, December, January or February.  Now January is the only non-mowing month I have left. I will not mow in January no matter what.

In other news I have daffodils six inches tall with visible buds. A few more warm days and they will bloom.

1 minute ago, jburns said:

I'm 72 years old(don't say a damn thing) and 10 years ago I had never mowed my yard in November, December, January or February.  Now January is the only non-mowing month I have left. I will not mow in January no matter what.

In other news I have daffodils six inches tall with visible buds. A few more warm days and they will bloom.

I hear you. I think I still have yet to mow Dec, Jan, Feb, mostly because I refuse to, and also b/c I don't have a true lawn and can get away with it. So many trees keep me from having to mow a ton anyway. We didn't have peak leaf season this year until nearly Thanksgiving, by far the latest I've ever seen. If this keeps up our trees won't have to drop leaves anymore and (while tragic) at least we'll get out of raking! 

1 minute ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

I hear you. I think I still have yet to mow Dec, Jan, Feb, mostly because I refuse to, and also b/c I don't have a true lawn and can get away with it. So many trees keep me from having to mow a ton anyway. We didn't have peak leaf season this year until nearly Thanksgiving, by far the latest I've ever seen. If this keeps up our trees won't have to drop leaves anymore and (while tragic) at least we'll get out of raking! 

I stopped raking years ago. A mulching attachment on my Deere. Just mow as normal and presto, a clean yard.  In fact I mulch 100% of the time now. I don't get those irritating rows of grass cuttings when I wait a bit to long to mow.