Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

Still think the 5-10th period bares watching!

I know. It has a push of cold and a signal for at least a southern stream system of some sort but... it'd take perfect timing and low placement and even then with the cold coming not having a sustained artic source, it'd be (my favorite word for this area) marginal. Punting it, waiting till the week of the 13th!

Head on over to the Mid Atlantic forum and read that PSU guys research. He states what I've seen coming for 2 weeks now. When the Pacific pattern goes this bad as it is now it never recovers. In all his analogs it never recovered. Some winters were better than others because the Atlantic saved them. Don't fall for the false -NAO on the GFS. No Atlantic is saving us this year. This winter is a dud. I can realistically say that even though its only December. We're getting blanked!

It's crazy for the mid Atlantic to give up because they have March. Screw March snows down here. They're rare regardless of what Panovich says. They make up a high percentage of snowfall because they can be heavy when they occur. They don't occur that often outside the mountains. This ain't 1960 anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BillT said:

i saw a comment in the other thread "thanks boomers" do people seriously blame baby boomers for the WEATHER?

I think people blame everything when they don’t get 2 feet of snow by Christmas. Comical to me as we are not in a region that gives us that often.  Signs suck as of now but blocking looks better late month as far as my amateur eye sees.  My biggest memorable snows are late January into February.  Not saying it will happen but it’s far from over!

1 minute ago, WarmNose said:

I’m hoping we get blanked this year. That way momma nature owes us big time in 2021. I blame this winter on people who want it to be frigid in November. Thanks, guys.

Yep, we had a Halloween storm (..at least I did) and then the cold first 2/3 of November. It flipped warm in December and now is having a hard time flipping back cold. Sometimes Fab February can save us, but no guarantees.....   

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Can't decide what is more comical today, a low near 70 on December 30th or Ohio State fans complaining about officiating after blowing a 16-0 lead...

And should have been about 24-0. 

21 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

The drought will definitely be over after the Clemson/LSU game! There’s going to be a lot of waterworks over S.C. and lake Hartwell will be at full pool, when Clemson looses!:hurrbear::weep:

Just being honest here, but I'd take a few snowless winters if that were to happen. That stinkin team has had enough time in the sun; it's time for somebody else, ANYBODY ELSE, to hold the horseshoe (and clover, and rabbit's foot, and ...)! Only problem is, if I pull for LSU then Clemson will win; everybody I pull for either stinks to begin with or stinks it up when I pull for them.