Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

27 minutes ago, Waiting on snow said:

Time to get this b***h jumping again since the fantasy storms are showing up!

I expect lots of venting too.  We are on the doorstep of the 2018 December Destroyer so most of us by this time last year were already looking at 120% of our annual avg.  This year we are waiting on pattern alignment, we are well into December before fantasy snow is showing up, which means we will be well into January before any real chances surface.  I can see us ending up with the slightly BN temps this winter that are being forecasted, but I can also see us being on the southern edge of the storm track all winter too.  It's the curse we endure.

I would holster that :weenie: for now or risk living here in the sanitarium this winter.

So nice to see some possibilities showing up on the models, even if they're total clowns. As usual, they disapper as time gets closer. I've noticed that pretty much everything fantasy modeled for the upstate (excepting the crazy GFS) is zr, not snow. Will this be a zr year? I hope not but we're probably due. Regardless, it kinda feels like this is going to be an I-40 north winter for any snow. Somehow I can see that area (and mtns of course) having a really good season with the I-85 crowd being skunked. 

20 hours ago, lilj4425 said:

It’s raining. :angry: 

If it makes you feel any better, over here in Korea, it’s just as hard to get snow it seems. It’s always cold chasing moisture. The one snow we had lasted for like an hour in before changing over to rain. 

We have all the cold air in the world and good sea effect snow setups, but nothing this year has been producing. We hit 10F like a week or two ago lol.  

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 10:51 PM, lilj4425 said:

It’s raining. :angry: 

After last night, SC and FL now the only two states in the continental US that has not seen snow yet. Winter is SOOO pathetic here. Nothing on the horizon for us either; this Friday system could spit a little ice North of 11 and east of Cleveland but that's nothing. My only straw to grasp at is at least we're colder than CAE. :cry::weep:

• Sad 1

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:47 AM, buckeyefan1 said:

I second this    :wub:   :lol:   

lol, , the disco thread in Dec is a lot like all the Christmas movies. The humor is way more predictable than a southeast snow storm and although  the plot always the same the ending does leave you with a nice warm feeling.

Merry Christmas fellow snow wiennies! may we all get our wish very soon!

On 12/17/2019 at 8:19 PM, frazdaddy said:

lol, , the disco thread in Dec is a lot like all the Christmas movies. The humor is way more predictable than a southeast snow storm and although  the plot always the same the ending does leave you with a nice warm feeling.

Merry Christmas fellow snow wiennies! may we all get our wish very soon!

The disco (and storm) threads always have their own ebb and flow. Back and forth with models. Doom and gloomers mixed with eternal optimists. Occasionally new characters make an appearance, but mostly it's the same classic characters up to the same old tricks, episode after episode.

These December episodes have been terrible so far, but I'm hopeful Jan/Feb will make up for it.

• Like 1

Well I can say it's been nice not having an all out torch for this December; generally at or just below normal, and the last few days/nights have been nice and cool. However, aside from that, it's been about the most boring December weather ever! Nothing cold for December, and not even a threat of frozen for many. What does it take to get a winter pattern and frozen precip around here???

Oh look, inches of rain incoming; oh boy how exciting...:ee:

• Like 1

Not much to to look forward to at this point, I'm punting the first half of Jan I guess, and I don't get too many punts after that or its over. GSP has only had 12 freezes so far; 12, with none showing over the next 15 days! The only difference b/w last year and this so far is there was no early Dec snow. We really need something good to happen next month. 

11 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Not much to to look forward to at this point, I'm punting the first half of Jan I guess, and I don't get too many punts after that or its over. GSP has only had 12 freezes so far; 12, with none showing over the next 15 days! The only difference b/w last year and this so far is there was no early Dec snow. We really need something good to happen next month. 

Nothing remotely good showing up in the long range, unless you like warm or seasonal and rain