Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

14 hours ago, JoshM said:

Ill keep the V3 clown map in here, since that model is just :facepalm:

But, hey, I jackpot on this run!

fv3p_asnow_eus_41.png

It would be hilarious if this verified.  I will try and schedule a test for all of my classes around that time to get the karma aligned to help make it happen.  Hey I am willing to do what I can.  We lost days due to the fall hurricane around here, now a late season snow storm to cost us a few days and destroy any hope of decent AP-physics scores this year.  Yeah that would be classic.

On 1/29/2019 at 3:56 PM, Rankin5150 said:

For those feeling the angst of a SH!TTY winter so far, just remember that the Winter of 1960 in North Carolina went SNOWLESS until Mid Feb of that year. The record for TOTAL Snowfall in a season was broken in Charlotte, NC. It snowed on February the 14th and then another lull until March 2nd, where the snowgates opened up and it snowed back to back to back. They ended up with 27" overall, which is way higher than the average 4-6 b/s we see. Just giving some food for thought that winter is not always over until April, etc. 

9 hours ago, Waiting on snow said:

I can't wait for somebody to bring up March 1960! As if we have a shot at that 59 years later in this litter box climate!!

lol  Too late.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, JoshM said:

2018-2019 Winter is gonna be epic... Then we finally get here and it's...

This has been the worst winter I can ever remember!!! Even 11/12 had a dusting! The 1/2” of sleet in Dec was crap! All the cold and snowy hype since October, made it even worse!

Here come the “ Best snows happen in March “ crowd! Let me know how that works out for ya!

I guess this is my yearly rant lol There's no need to be jealous of people that live NW of 85 due to more snow because it's not always the case I've got just as many variables against me as people who live down east when it comes to snow downsloping elevation dependent blah blah blah the list goes on. I live directly at the base of the Linville gorge Google it and come visit it's awesome Grand canyon of the east but idk how many times if looked out my window and watching snow pour above 2000 feet it drives me nuts I get one good storm a year on average and been several years in a row with none. Point is we all love snow no need to be jealous or sarcastic if you don't like we're you live move it's that simple.

3 minutes ago, ryan1234 said:

It’s quite a slap to the face when snow is falling in LA’s higher elevations. Meanwhile, there are still quite a few of us who haven’t even seen a flake on this board.

I get what your saying but LA has mountains at 10k elevation. You can see snow on mountains from the beach on clear days in the winter.  

Assuming LA = Los Angeles.

I get what your saying but LA has mountains at 10k elevation. You can see snow on mountains from the beach on clear days in the winter.  
Assuming LA = Los Angeles.

Very true. As someone who used to live there you can definitely see snow on the local peaks. However, Malibu saw snow today as did other valley locations.

Ah ok I didnt know it went that low today. I do remember it snowing in Lancaster and Palmdale several times when I lived out there. That's a little higher up though 

Yeah, according to friends and family, snow was reported in Pasadena, West Hollywood, and Malibu. Pretty amazing. I think Palmdale and Lancaster even had an inch or so. But yeah, they are high desert cities, so snow does occur every now and then.

22 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Yep, just saw that too. Video of LA snow, and Vegas tying a 70 year-old record for snow per TWC. Was supposed to be a good year for the east but been good for everyone else instead. Pattern is as bad as it gets for us. Every system tracking from Amarillo to great lakes. :weep:

It is depressing rare snowfalls and and 100 year snow events are happening and we can't get a flurry! I wish our turn would come at setting snow records. All we're good at in the SE is heat records.

This rain is really doing a number on all of us.  Now a major landslide is reported across I40 at the TN state line closing ALL lanes.  Detours are 200 MILES around.  Hope they get that cleared soon but the weather wont help.  Probably some very unstable ground out there.

Edit - they wont be doing an assessment until sunrise.  They tried to clear some of the slide and had rocks falling down on them.  So at least a day or two at minimum.  Good luck mountain peeps.