Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

17 hours ago, Waiting on snow said:

I'd give this winter a C- so far if it ends like this and not another flake falls. Not making light of how awful this year has been. It's just hard to give any lower than a C when you actually reached average snowfall. But jeez has this winter sucked for threats. No tracking at all outside December and no real cold air. I haven't been below 21 the whole winter imby. Not sure about the airports at GSP and CLT but that never happened even when I lived in CAE for 5 years. To call this winter a suck fest is being generous.

If we average your C with the entire southeast, the overal score would be an F. You guys getting a big snow once during the winter for your little area is a drop in the bucket. Grass doesn’t even stay dead all winter anymore. I think maybe, where I’m at, it got below freezing maybe 7 days this winter. Absolutely absurd. If we took out the outliers (cause now that’s what they are), we would see this winter absolutely baked. 

• Like 1

Its becoming clear as bleak as the LR looks that it's over for us barring a late season miracle. And I'm ok with that. After this week I'll have spring fever. However something is going on with Feb lately. I would say early spring but March and April are colder than Feb lately. So I guess it could be a bad run of luck. But this image from Brad P puts into perspective how Feb isn't exactly Fab Feb anymore. Around half of the record highs for Feb have occurred this decade. Now this year  is looking equally shitty.

IMG_20190204_185232.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jburns said:

As much as I enjoy a good snowstorm I refuse to complain about today's weather. It was glorious.

I am certainly enjoying it.  Last year in this neck of the woods the warm week in February was pretty much it for any extended warm weather until May.  Come mid-April when the wind is gusting to 40 mph and the snow flurries flying I will be wishing for February weather.

17 hours ago, wncsnow said:

And you all were hating so bad on my posts a month or 2 ago about this winter sucking and being over... LAte next week I expect flowers and cherry trees to bloom for parts of the south 

Saw that last week of January here in Charleston. Last night I was out at sunset and the frogs were deafening. Also other insects as well chirping away. 

Worst winter ever. I’ve seen some bad ones, but this takes the cake. Its hot today even by spring standards. We suck at snow. It will never snow again. The sky is falling. Magnetic north is shifting the wrong direction. We might as well live in South Florida. Winter is gone and never coming back 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

Worst winter ever. I’ve seen some bad ones, but this takes the cake. Its hot today even by spring standards. We suck at snow. It will never snow again. The sky is falling. Magnetic north is shifting the wrong direction. We might as well live in South Florida. Winter is gone and never coming back 

https://www.wral.com/2018-was-4th-warmest-but-next-5-years-could-break-records/18173754/

3 hours ago, WarmNose said:

Yep, it was rolling our way there for a little while, and then it started hauling a$$ over to Siberia.  Definitely going to go down as the worst winter ever in my book, unless we get one of those Marches of yore to show up.  Most certainly, the expectations for this winter make it all the worse.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

Yep, it was rolling our way there for a little while, and then it started hauling a$$ over to Siberia.  Definitely going to go down as the worst winter ever in my book, unless we get one of those Marches of yore to show up.  Most certainly, the expectations for this winter make it all the worse.

This whole decade has sucked. I've never doubted global warming but was skeptical of rate of warming predicted. Not so much now as something is definitely off this decade. The whole decade is warm but since 2015 it has accelerated faster than I ever thought. I figured I'd never live to see the day where snow is a thing of the past. Now I'm not so sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waiting on snow said:

This whole decade has sucked. I've never doubted global warming but was skeptical of rate of warming predicted. Not so much now as something is definitely off this decade. The whole decade is warm but since 2015 it has accelerated faster than I ever thought. I figured I'd never live to see the day where snow is a thing of the past. Now I'm not so sure. 

It may be upon us. A few well timed hours of sleet and mix in early december kept this form being a complete blank, and another 2011-2012. 

At GSP last 3 Febs:

Feb 2017: +8.2, only 6 readings below 32, lowest 26. 12 days above 70 with a high of 81!

Feb 2018: +7.9, only 6 readings below 32, lowest 22. 8 days above 70 with 2 reaching 80 and 81! 

Feb 2019: (Through first 7 days) +12.4, only 2 readings below 32, lowest 28. 3 days over 70 with high of 77!

Feb just keeps getting worse and worse. 

• Sad 1

Calling off winter 7 days into February is a bit ridiculous and premature. No,the pattern doesn’t bode well in the next week or so. But given how poorly models have handled winter thus far, I’m not giving them much credibility. We’ve had snow well into February and March. So, quit whining about something that could very well change within a few weeks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ryan1234 said:

Calling off winter 7 days into February is a bit ridiculous and premature. No,the pattern doesn’t bode well in the next week or so. But given how poorly models have handled winter thus far, I’m not giving them much credibility. We’ve had snow well into February and March. So, quit whining about something that could very well change within a few weeks.

Ok, I'm just going to put one more hundy in the machine and then I'll quit.  Those wheels are bound to line up on jackpot soon baby!  I've been playing for 3 hours and lost my ass so I'm way overdue!

House odds, we lose.

1 hour ago, ryan1234 said:

Even if we luck out and get a late season miracle, it won't change the fact of how temps are going up and up every year and our window of opportunity gets shorter and shorter every year. I'd say we spend at least a month of met winter with spring temps every year. Maybe not a month consecutive of spring temps but overall the warmth overwhelms the cold.