Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

54 minutes ago, southernskimmer said:

Yeah how hard is it to keep in here? 

Having said that I miss the golf course like crazy. I am fine if I don't see a flake this winter and we get an early spring. 

I don't believe that- you know you want some snow too!:snowing:

Having said that, couldn't you have played golf the past six weeks (rain aside)?  IMO, fall and winter are the best times to play golf. Summer is beyond too hot and humid.

Having said that, couldn't you have played golf the past six weeks (rain aside)?  IMO, fall and winter are the best times to play golf. Summer is beyond too hot and humid.

I tried playing a couple of Saturdays ago (I work until 5 during the week.) It was like playing on soup. We quit after 9 because it was so wet.  I LOVE playing in the summer, but only at 7 am or 3 pm. There's nothing like a quiet evening finishing up as the sun sets while the shadows peek in, and things start to finally cool off. Usually the winter is fine here and there, but with the dormant bermuda not transpiring, a half inch of rain is worse than 2 inches on active turf, so this winter has basically been a complete no go. Spring is hit or miss but there's nothing like that first warm Saturday on the course in early/mid March, and I'm ready for that. Of course I will take snow, it's one of my favorite things to look forward to, but based on how things have been lately, I'm gonna find something else to look forward to. Also I just got an entire new set of clubs from top to bottom, so that is fueling my golf bug a little bit more than usual. I'm heading down to Orlando for a work conference/golf week in early March which I'm absolutely stoked for. 

• Like 2

If we don't get a whiff of snow before month end, or have a very solid event to track the first week of Feb this board is going to come unglued.  Nerves are frayed!  We should install a countdown clock on the main thread page so everyone has to watch the seconds of winter tick away with no snow.  We should also post discount codes for online therapy sessions.  I think some folks in SC are going to need some professional help soon.  Lol!

I just need some dry.  I mean a long ass period of dry.  I have so many outdoor construction projects to finish that I couldn't do last year, I could be happy with a month of dry.  Sure, I'd love one last snow before March, but outside of that bring me 50's and sunny please!

13 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

If we don't get a whiff of snow before month end, or have a very solid event to track the first week of Feb this board is going to come unglued.  Nerves are frayed!  We should install a countdown clock on the main thread page so everyone has to watch the seconds of winter tick away with no snow.  We should also post discount codes for online therapy sessions.  I think some folks in SC are going to need some professional help soon.  Lol!

I just need some dry.  I mean a long ass period of dry.  I have so many outdoor construction projects to finish that I couldn't do last year, I could be happy with a month of dry.  Sure, I'd love one last snow before March, but outside of that bring me 50's and sunny please!

I got my therapy, I write fanfics as a hobby XD

32 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

It's already an epic meltdown. Me included! It stems from all the hype this winter brought. Not blaming anyone, everyone though it would be great. And when the December storm came it looked like the hype would verify.

Now here we sit about to hit Feb and the end is closely approaching, and we've had nothing since and are chasing 288 hrs GFS unicorns! All while half the board is completely snowless and even some areas hit in December are still below average and nothing promising going forward. What an epic winter! Only epic winter we will ever see is some fluke in a strong La Nina year that absolutely nobody sees coming.

25 minutes ago, southernskimmer said:

Before we take you back to your regularly scheduled programming, we have a developing story in the newsroom. Watch as the disco thread goes from sanitarium to obs and banter. More on this at 10. 

Don't worry. At the 11 news when the 0z models roll it'll be back to the sanitarium. 

• Haha 1

Here's an alternative view to almost all on this board. I'm enjoying the warm weather and still shake my head in amusement at all the cold and snow lovers here. I'm closely following the potential record arctic outbreak up in the midwest next week while enjoying this near 70 degree afternoon in CHS. Even got to the pool on Saturday. Was great!

The cold nights we've had lately have been an annoyance and hoping they are about behind us. Doesn't need to be hot yet, but less cold nights in the 30s and fewer cloudy days would be appreciated. 

As I see the pictures of snow and the barbaric cold on FB from friends and family up north I'm glad to no longer be part of that soul crushing misery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scwxguy said:

Here's an alternative view to almost all on this board. I'm enjoying the warm weather and still shake my head in amusement at all the cold and snow lovers here. I'm closely following the potential record arctic outbreak up in the midwest next week while enjoying this near 70 degree afternoon in CHS. Even got to the pool on Saturday. Was great!

The cold nights we've had lately have been an annoyance and hoping they are about behind us. Doesn't need to be hot yet, but less cold nights in the 30s and fewer cloudy days would be appreciated. 

As I see the pictures of snow and the barbaric cold on FB from friends and family up north I'm glad to no longer be part of that soul crushing misery.

I think you are the only one here with that viewpoint... No offense

1 hour ago, Orangeburgwx said:

I think you are the only one here with that viewpoint... No offense

Wrong,  I know damn well we ain't gonna get anything so I'd much rather be able to not freeze my ass off daily.  70 degrees keeps my power bill low.  I want a snow storm but after that .....  damn this cold

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

Sorry your thread got the X, Orangeburg

im feeling pretty good about the first of February. It was a pretty good premature call imo. Also pretty good call to take it down. I’m torn 

Eh... Took the chance like we always do when a 50/50/low rolls around (now watch we get triple thumped Monday, Wed/Thurs, and next weekend and somebody (my money is on Mack) complaining about the thread getting taken down early...

• Haha 1

Starting to get frustrated here in the upstate. There are 3 upcoming systems and I can't find a single snowfall map that projects anything more than a few flurries here (with most being a complete blank). There looks to be a great chance of at least one accum snow west of the Apps (and maybe as far down as the gulf coast), and the I-40 corridor through NC has lots of support for something, and even the coastal carolina areas have a shot next week. But the NEGA and upstate (heck, the whole state of SC) just cannot get any love from the models. I keep thinking we'll have a couple more shots before the end of Feb, and we still may, but each new threat leaves us out. Were going to run out of punting room here pretty soon. :wacko:

18 hours ago, gearhead302 said:

Wrong,  I know damn well we ain't gonna get anything so I'd much rather be able to not freeze my ass off daily.  70 degrees keeps my power bill low.  I want a snow storm but after that .....  damn this cold

All relative and personal perception I guess, :lol: I feel like I'm still waiting on the cold - it can arrive anytime now... 70 can (and will) happen anytime b/w April and October, but give me the cold right now! It's been a pretty wimpy winter so far, too many fantasy arctic outbreaks  - all talk and no action from the models! For me, I'll take cold even if its dry. Rather have snow of course, but rather have cold and dry than warm ALL DAY ANY DAY! :snowing::shiver::wub: 

Hey, at least a lot of you have gotten a little something and it looks like some of you are further southwest will get a little something. Charlotte is literally in a screw zone, or at least it has been for the last 5 winters. Haven’t really gotten a decent amount since 2014. It’s really getting old.

7 minutes ago, ryan1234 said:

Hey, at least a lot of you have gotten a little something and it looks like some of you are further southwest will get a little something. Charlotte is literally in a screw zone, or at least it has been for the last 5 winters. Haven’t really gotten a decent amount since 2014. It’s really getting old.

It's been a very rough stretch from Atlanta up to Charlotte. And even worse for Athens to Columbia. Hell this whole decade has been shit for the most part except for 10-11 and 13-14 for those areas. I've come to expect it in this day and age. Sad times for snow lovers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waiting on snow said:

This will go down as memorable winter alright. It'll be the one with hype and expectations that literally found every way possible to fail us.

Well here's two more: Mondays system we get nothing due to drying from downsloping winds. Wednesday we'll see a couple tenths of QPF but the mountains will delay the cold so it will be all rain. :facepalm: I'm sure the final shot, next Fri/Sat we'll be too far north, or we'll get the perfect track with no cold or...

• Haha 1

Yep looking at the next 10 days on the ensembles and controls looks awful. I just said the same thing a few days ago. This will definitely go down as the most over hyped winter for the southeast ever if something doesnt change real soon. We've had more threats in the warmer and drier than average winters. I will never buy into all the BS again from the experts. Dont care what the unicorns are doing in the solar system and the sun and the ocean and all that crap. Give me spring already!

• Like 2