• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

the reason why snowmageddon happened in b'ham and atlanta is simple folks we had close to 50 hours below freezing before the moisture arrived so every flake of snow that fell stuck on the roads......one inch of snow on frozen already roads is very bad, while 4 inches falling onto warm roads just melts.......

Is it just me or are the ensembles not agreeing with their Operationals, as well as operationals of other models? Both the GEFS and EPS show some decent snow for the upstate and piedmont areas, but I have yet to see an operational run that shows anything more than a flurry or dusting for the upstate, with some being a complete whiff. While I'd rather have the ensembles on my side at this point, it would be nice to see at least one operational showing something convincing for the upstate/piedmont areas. Everything has either been MS/AL/TN snow, and more recently MCN/CAE/WLM snow. 

30 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Is it just me or are the ensembles not agreeing with their Operationals, as well as operationals of other models? Both the GEFS and EPS show some decent snow for the upstate and piedmont areas, but I have yet to see an operational run that shows anything more than a flurry or dusting for the upstate, with some being a complete whiff. While I'd rather have the ensembles on my side at this point, it would be nice to see at least one operational showing something convincing for the upstate/piedmont areas. Everything has either been MS/AL/TN snow, and more recently MCN/CAE/WLM snow. 

That comes from several factors:

1)Not handling the h5 energy well

2) the OPs are just that, operationals, so the ensembles will have more spread

3) the GEFS is currently hampered by the fact the GFS has sort-of incomplete data due to the shutdown

4) For the ensembles not matching other model ensembles, see point number one

Just got back from a camping trip out by Morganton. Saw a few wet flakes on the drive up on Thursday between Winston-Salem and Statesville and again between Statesville and Morganton but that was it. Lots of rain on Saturday but woke up to clear skies and cool temps this morning. Had a great time but could have done without all the rain.

Fv3 would be awesome for coastal areas and maybe over to I-77, but would be yet another heartbreaker for western upstate! Got a little from Dec but missed on most of it. Missed both big storms last year; Dec 17 to the West and North, and early Jan coastal to the South and East, looks like the exact same could happen again. THIS AREA SUCKS FOR SNOW!!! If the Fv3 were to verify, CHS would have more snow than GSP for the second straight year!

Maybe we'll get a shot with the next system, but that may be another NC storm. :ee::frostymelt::weep:

11 minutes ago, Waiting on snow said:

Are you really surprised by that? Even if the epic pattern did materialize we wouldn't have any better chance than we do now. 

I'm not, because when I saw that the PV split failed to propagate downwards and the MJO crashed, this wouldn't happen.

Its winter in the southeast. Yeah we do occasionally get snowstorms but not regularly. Anyone from rdu tonthe west can save their tears. They had an epic storm already. I had 4 inches in that one with huge raging flakes when I was expecting an hour or two of light snow before the switch.

Sit back and see how this all unfolds. Almost everyone is already above average for the year....how much can we complain about that?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

Yeah I think we can safely say that after a week or so of below normal, the pattern is pretty much going back in the crapper.  Maybe by late Feb, we’ll have another shot at a cold blast.

I just ordered my premergent from Southern States. All this forecasted warm weather will surely germinate those weeds.

Its winter in the southeast. Yeah we do occasionally get snowstorms but not regularly. Anyone from rdu tonthe west can save their tears. They had an epic storm already. I had 4 inches in that one with huge raging flakes when I was expecting an hour or two of light snow before the switch.
Sit back and see how this all unfolds. Almost everyone is already above average for the year....how much can we complain about that?

Us eastern guys would like to get in on the fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk