Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

5 hours ago, JoshM said:

I feel bad for NWS GSP, such a difficult forecast. Especially, since they went "all in" on the last storm, and if this busts too cold :facepalm:

I don't think it will deliver for my area of the upstate. Possibly the area from about TR to Inman and north could see a little light icing, but not my area. I'm currently at 32/27. Even though I'm at freezing right now, I expect my temp to raise several degrees now that clouds are setting in, and with a DP of 27 I have no way to wet bulb down; unless the CAA wedge has yet to kick in, as the models were showing teens for my DPs. 

I keep looking at the radar and shaking my head; why oh why couldn't we have the December track with this one? Low is about 300 miles too far north. St Louis to Delmarva is the place to be.

4 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Yep. Already up to 34.5/29! That was fast. :cliff:

Enjoy guys, I really hope SC can get something from the 1/24 -mid-Feb timeframe, might be our best stretch!:snowman:

“ The most amazing stretch of winter weather the SE/E has ever seen is starting in 10 days” JB

How can we possibly screw this up!? Gonna be hilarious to watch us go from cold rains to Macon special snowstorms, with a snow for us in the transition!? Winter, I hate you!

18 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

“ The most amazing stretch of winter weather the SE/E has ever seen is starting in 10 days” JB

How can we possibly screw this up!? Gonna be hilarious to watch us go from cold rains to Macon special snowstorms, with a snow for us in the transition!? Winter, I hate you!

We're now under a Winter Weather Advisory :lmao::maprain:

I too am excited about the period after the 20th! At the very least, we'll have some good opportunities; here's to hoping they pan out, and it doesn't all go west of Apps/North of 1-40/Become Gulf and coastal suppressors/or some other way to keep the ATL - GSP- CAE triangle snowless!!:snowwindow:

Per TWC I only go below 31 once over the next 15 days :weep:

18 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

The pattern change looks like crap right now. Next 10 days have no real threat and after that we will basically be in February. This blockbuster winter is quickly going down the drain...

With the pattern change and with so much cold air moving into the US, I think we can only use the models out to about day 9. We're seeing big swings in the later days with each model run. The one big constant is the availability of cold air. It still may be early February until something pops, especially if we get unlucky with the day 10-16 period. But the euro weeklies and many mets think the rest of winter is going to be on the cold side. I think we're looking good.  

On a side note; many have posted what they would consider a good (A score) winter. I have four things:

1) Significant snow event (Check----already had the 12" in December)

2) Significant arctic outbreak, with at least a couple of sunny days with highs below freezing (looks like that is coming)

3) Significant winter event, which can be a mixed bad but has to limit driving, etc. (waiting)

4) Small winter event, which can be mixed bag but is picture worthy (waiting) 

My winter checklist:

1) At least one day of flakes (check)

2) recordable snowfall (check, got a trace from the Dec. 10th event)

3) sub-freezing high temp (TBD...)

4) Low of 25 or lower (cut that one close, 27)

5) get mad at my grandpa for asking me when he is going to get his major snow event (he was here for '73... But he is snow greedy) triple check just from the last week alone 

3/5 with a month and a half to go is not too shabby