Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

15 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

I miss snow.

At least I saw a few remnant dirty snowpiles from the December storm when I was in Greensboro over Christmas.

And now they look to be getting another...

Perhaps. I’ll temper my optimism until Friday. On the bright side, any additional snow we get this season is just gravy.

I've thought all along this would be mainly a NC and North winter. Other than a small sliver of the upstate, the Dec snow was all NC and North. This looks to be more of the same, except perhaps the state line will be the cuttoff instead of 85. I'm afraid SC is going to face this all winter while NC will continue to get richer. Looks like 2009-2010 all over again.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

I've thought all along this would be mainly a NC and North winter. Other than a small sliver of the upstate, the Dec snow was all NC and North. This looks to be more of the same, except perhaps the state line will be the cuttoff instead of 85. I'm afraid SC is going to face this all winter while NC will continue to get richer. Looks like 2009-2010 all over again.

I got 8.5" in Feb. 2010... I'm not out of this yet

6 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

It's been a couple days, the sitting water in my yard is gone and now it's just muddy. Definitely don't want to get too dry, gotta make sure those skeeters have plenty of breeding places.

My standing water is riddled with mosquitos and bullfrogs :(

What an odd winter this has been so far.. A huge snowstorm in early December.. but almost no true arctic air to speak of.. I dont think it has got into the teens even here in Southside VA... Grass is turning green past few days and trees and flowers are showing signs of budding out. 

For the Triangle, I'm kinda glad this trended badly for us at 3-4 days before the event rather than the day before. (or the day of, which is the absolute worst)

It could always trend back. But I doubt it. Seems like when a storm starts trending mostly liquid at this stage, it's pretty much a given that's what we'll get.

2 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

Thread started too soon on this weekend system. 

It's not winter cancel but the sands of time are running out quickly 

I think the thread and timing was fine. It'll still be an event for some of the folks on this board (NW NC / S. VA). Also we can't win them all; meaning we'll track storms and lose them.

Winter can still make a come back. We've had at least a few fab Februarys.  

• Like 1

“If only it were January”

January: Rain

“if only we could get one of those 1040+ HP’s”

1040+HP: Rain

i think it’s best we just quit pretending we know more than we really do about the weather. There is no recipe for success when it comes to weather, only snow and rain. Success and failure. And we fail more times than not 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

“If only it were January”

January: Rain

“if only we could get one of those 1040+ HP’s”

1040+HP: Rain

i think it’s best we just quit pretending we know more than we really do about the weather. There is no recipe for success when it comes to weather, only snow and rain. Success and failure. And we fail more times than not 

SSW effects are a few weeks behind the event! Pattern change right on schedule!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1