Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

37 minutes ago, Waiting on snow said:

If it wasn't measurable snow does it really count? I don't count it. Reality is CAE has only had 3 winters of the past 15 produce an inch or more total for the whole winter. Absolutely pitiful even for CAE. I stand by my statement that is the biggest screwzone in the state. At least further south you pretty much know you're not getting anything. The upstate is guaranteed something every year, even the western upstate. CAE is always close enough to the action to keep Hope's alive but fails miserably in the end.

Despite the western upstate screwzone, I fully agree CAE has it worse. We get leftovers, but that's better than nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm turning the lights on in here. Would say turn the heat on but it probably won't be needed anytime soon.

I remember saying even before our December snow that we better hope the AK trough doesn't become established as it was being modeled. Well it has and its ruining the heart of winter now. Amazing how all the long range awful patterns come to fruition and the eye candy patterns always evaporate. Smfh

I'm content.  If anything, I'll take the warm temps for now if it results in a drier pattern.  It is simply too damn wet.  We have sugar ants in the house at the end of December!  And like Poimen, I am seriously considering tossing out some fescue.

Looks like a bookend winter.  14" in December, who knows what Fab Feb and Miracle March might bring.  Folks need to calm down a bit.  We still have a solid 75 days of potential to go even after the next couple of weeks.

Well, guess I should be happy to have gotten the big storm in early December. The only problem is it seems one big storm is the most we can get around here, and if we have a big storm early then most times we rarely get anything of any significance for the rest of winter. We either get two or three small storms, one big storm, or nothing at all. Getting more than one big storm, or a big storm and then two or three more good storms seems impossible here. 

38 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Well, guess I should be happy to have gotten the big storm in early December. The only problem is it seems one big storm is the most we can get around here, and if we have a big storm early then most times we rarely get anything of any significance for the rest of winter. We either get two or three small storms, one big storm, or nothing at all. Getting more than one big storm, or a big storm and then two or three more good storms seems impossible here. 

Don't give up yet. As long as we flip to a favorable pattern by the end of January, we have a (good) chance. There were a few folks that predicted a back-loaded winter. Lets see if they end up being correct.  

**Wouldn't it be terrible if we didn't flip to a cold pattern and ended up with a repeat of last February. 

16 hours ago, southernskimmer said:

I am fully prepared for a pattern flip. Meaning it will get absolutely frigid and our moisture will be nowhere to be found. 

Hey do you guys keep getting the pop ups at the bottom of the page, sometimes also the top of the page but mostly the bottom, very annoying.  :wacko:

16 hours ago, southernskimmer said:

I am fully prepared for a pattern flip. Meaning it will get absolutely frigid and our moisture will be nowhere to be found. 

You know fellows is winter going to ever arrive, at least the cold air, this is ridiculous.

5 hours ago, Tacoma said:

Hey do you guys keep getting the pop ups at the bottom of the page, sometimes also the top of the page but mostly the bottom, very annoying.  :wacko:

You know fellows is winter going to ever arrive, at least the cold air, this is ridiculous.

Feels pretty good here. 66º at the moment and my weed yard is definitely beginning to green up. Low heating bill on the way. My big screen TV alone is enough to heat my den. :)

2 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Last year for Jan 1st, GSP  was 30/15. Yesterday  it was 68/52; can I trade?

Per GSP,  I'm only supposed to go below  40 once on Sat night, then it warms up again. Someone said back in the fall they were just hoping we wouldn't have a historically warm month this winter, well Jan could do it. THIS STINKS!:weep:

If things go like planned, this year will be a reversal of last; whereas we have a back load winter. Remember last February heat wave. 

3 hours ago, FallsLake said:

If things go like planned, this year will be a reversal of last; whereas we have a back load winter. Remember last February heat wave. 

That's where my hat is hung. Really does look like things pick up after the 16th. We should be getting better hints in the next few days as Poiman pointed out this afternoon.  A cold back end has a lot of promise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, frazdaddy said:

That's where my hat is hung. Really does look like things pick up after the 16th. We should be getting better hints in the next few days as Poiman pointed out this afternoon.  A cold back end has a lot of promise. 

I love looking 15 days ahead for cold and it never gets closer! :(

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FallsLake said:

Do you really think it "goes as planned?" I hope so, but am very doubtful. Other than a week in December, this met winter has been excruciatinly blah with temps (following a record warm fall), and were seeing no real signs of meaningful change, just "hoping" for one after Jan 20th. So far, all the pre winter hype and awesome pattern set ups have failed miserably. Yes, some got in on a good storm in Dec, but many don't live in NC, and I hate to waste most of January. Many areas can score big in Feb, so there's still plenty of time, but we don't have too many more weeks to waste. Back loaded is fine, but I hate trying to eek out something meaningful the latter half of Feb into March as there's too many issues to overcome for many areas, and I'm afraid that's where we're headed. 

Still, it's Jan second, and it would be silly to cliff dive this early. Here's hoping! :snowing:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WarmNose said:

I’m going to go ahead and drop some chlorine in the pool skimmer tomorrow afternoon. Won’t be long and I want it to be ready. The birds are on the move and the pollen won’t be far behind.

There will be a good hard freeze in April ( teens) just to kill off all the leaves and flowers that got a head start in January! :(

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1