Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

I’m going to be in Greensboro, NC for Christmas.  I need this. :weenie:

After getting repeatedly screwed where we live especially last night, I am for this, just make suppress it and make it stronger than currently advertised. We need a south of I-85 storm. You northern folks already got yours. It’s time for people farther south to cash in. Sorry, but not sorry. Lol.

10 minutes ago, ryan1234 said:

After getting repeatedly screwed where we live especially last night, I am for this, just make suppress it and make it stronger than currently advertised. We need a south of I-85 storm. You northern folks already got yours. It’s time for people farther south to cash in. Sorry, but not sorry. Lol.

Yep. NWGA and coastal areas got it big last year. NC gets it big every year. Need an ATL to GSP to FLO to CAE big dog. 

50 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Yep. NWGA and coastal areas got it big last year. NC gets it big every year. Need an ATL to GSP to FLO to CAE big dog. 

Oh how I wish for a repeat of that...

2 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Yall laugh at the brickster, but he just got double digit snowfall when everyone was telling him to ignore models. 

And I have a flizzard for the last hour or so (and it is still going on)

1 hour ago, ryan1234 said:

Mother nature doesn't care who "wins" in snowfall.

Signed,

I got 16" today. :lol: You guys can have the next one, unless it's on Christmas, in which case we'll take that one too and you guys can have the next one...:lol:

13 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Maybe we'll have to move to Wake county in order to see a good snowfall! :P

Move RDU for many reasons but snow should definitely not be one of them.  Chapel Hill and Durham typically do well but stay away from Wake County.  We have been blanked a lot the past few years when everyone around us got a ton. There is a legit Wake County snow hole.  This is the most snow I’ve gotten in NW Wake County since 2010.  If you live in South Wake it’s even worse.  Great place to live overall but for snow lovers it isn’t.  I would totally share my snow with S Wake residents if I could!

• Like 1

I want everyone here to get their snow so dont take this the wrong way, but I never want to see over a foot of snow again.  I think 4" is about right.  Coat everything, cover the grass, you can walk in it, drive in it, shovel it fairly easily, businesses stay open and it melts quick.  The order of magnitude increase in complexity of everything with the limited snow removal resources here in the south is unreal.  

The ideal winter for me going forward is 3-4 4" inch events with one of them being Christmas morning.  A foot is cool if you dont actually have to function for 3-4 days.  

• Confused 2

• jburns unpinned this topic