Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

59 minutes ago, thess said:

Just a lurker. I noticed there aren’t many RDU posters for this event. Did we pretty much bust already? I see a lot of conflicting maps so no idea what’s going on at this point. :)

I think it's cause we're on the line between a big event and a washout (as always), and we don't want to jinx it.

Personally, I think we're in for a sleetfest. Maybe 2 or 3 inches of mostly concrete, with a smooth glaze of frz rain on top, but hopefully not enough to make the lights flicker. Perfect sledding conditions.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ncskywarn said:
Per 00Z HRRR for RDU Verbatim it drops 9” of snow before mixing. we do start mixing on that run but we never flip to plain rain I'll take that for the win.

That works for me skywarn.  Is everybody ditching the ride because of the latest NAM.  Sorry, been away 

• Like 2

Watching CLT piss away all this QPF just trying to drop 5 degrees has me worried for the Triad.  If we get to 1am and all I see are posts about mixing, virga and nothing yet, the majority of this board is going to start having flashbacks.  Its never easy here......ever.

I do feel bad for those in SC and GA that invested heavily and are coming up empty.  You need another surprise 6" snow in downtown ATL!

22 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

That works for me skywarn.  Is everybody ditching the ride because of the latest NAM.  Sorry, been away 

Well, there are clearly two camps.  HRRR says plenty of love for RDU.  NAM says that at least 1/2 of the QPF at RDU will be the tears of snow weanies.  The NAM is supposed to be good with the warm nose so I have a bad feeling about it.

8 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Watching CLT piss away all this QPF just trying to drop 5 degrees has me worried for the Triad.  If we get to 1am and all I see are posts about mixing, virga and nothing yet, the majority of this board is going to start having flashbacks.  Its never easy here......ever.

I do feel bad for those in SC and GA that invested heavily and are coming up empty.  You need another surprise 6" snow in downtown ATL!

Yea, I'd gladly trade locales with you right about now.

One of these days, Kvegas has to be the sweet spot, right? Maybe this is the ONE. 

You know--the one footer+..

Best of luck over there. :snowing:

Is any of the snow that is falling sticking?  It would seem to me even though it’s snowing. The temps are above freezing in many places. Has been for a while. One would think after sunset, the temps would have fallen. Many locations are reporting mid 30s. I would imagine the snow is melting as it’s accumulating. 

20 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Don't think anyone in Atlanta expected anything substantial from this storm. It's just fun to follow winter storms in the SE.

Just now, Touchet said:

Is any of the snow that is falling sticking?  It would seem to me even though it’s snowing. The temps are above freezing in many places. Has been for a while. One would think after sunset, the temps would have fallen. Many locations are reporting mid 30s. I would imagine the snow is melting as it’s accumulating. 

It's starting to stick to grassy surfaces, I've got 32/32 right now

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Our WSW doesn't even start until 1am. Isn't that what's supposed to happen?

Just now, Dunkman said:

Our WSW doesn't even start until 1am. Isn't that what's supposed to happen?

Yep.  I'm just sayin' expectations are high and memories are still a bit raw.  Seeing some early flurries in the Triad now so maybe things are about ready to fulfill the multiple Burger Booms we saw this week.

Lol, I was worried we would lose a lot of our snow accumulations due to sleet mixing in and here I sit in a raging flipping virga storm. Im gonna be passed out drunk before I even see a drop fall from the sky tonight.

....  Not really worried yet though. 

• jburns unpinned this topic