Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

9 minutes ago, lilj4425 said:

And burrel2 drags me back in. :gun_bandana:

The plot has definitely thickened. Both of the Hi-res short range models are in lock-step with each other, (hrr and rap).

Both of those models have walhalla to pickens to travelers rest with an isothermal all snow sounding starting at midnight through about 4 or 5 am before they would transition to sleet.

From clemson to easley to DT greenville... both models have us going from rain to sleet around midnight and staying sleet for the rest of the storm. These models also are only .2 ish degree's away from being isothermal from midnight to 4am... the difference between isothermal and not for those 4 hours will be the difference between 5 or 6 inches of snow or 1 inch of sleet.

2 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

The plot has definitely thickened. Both of the Hi-res short range models are in lock-step with each other, (hrr and rap).

Both of those models have walhalla to pickens to travelers rest with an isothermal all snow sounding starting at midnight through about 4 or 5 am before they would transition to sleet.

From clemson to easley to DT greenville... both models have us going from rain to sleet around midnight and staying sleet for the rest of the storm. These models also are only .2 ish degree's away from being isothermal from midnight to 4am... the difference between isothermal and not for those 4 hours will be the difference between 5 or 6 inches of snow or 1 inch of sleet.

.2!?!?!? Talk about a tough forecast for GSP...yeesh.

4 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Its mostly likely snow with those rates. If this was just a normal event I would say you guys are sol.  

1 hour ago, burrel2 said:

I'm in Easley!:weep:

Actually I'm the very northern tip of Easley and usually a couple degrees colder than much of Easley and the 123 corridor - so maybe I have a shot (begging and pleading)? Verbatim though, I would get an inch of sleet while my parents 7 miles north would get 5-6 inches! Guess I'll have to take a trip to let the kiddos play. 

1 hour ago, burrel2 said:

Friends don’t let friends get RAP’d or HRRR’d!

I've just come to the sudden reallization that I'm a terrible parent. We had told our son it may snow today. He got up this morning and looked out of his window, then came into our room to dejectedly report "Daddy, all I see is rain." 

I tell you, teaching my son to be a snow lover AND a Gamecock fan while living in the upstate is setting him up for a life of heartache... what am I doing! :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I love coming to this board every storm and seeing the same people put out the same comments about how this model performs better here and disregard this model as it doesn’t handle this feature well. 

Meanwhile, the Nam continually nails the majority of events and the warm nose is always more pronounced.  We’re always left at the end to come back and bash the models as if we were duped all along. Wherein the NAM was sounding the alarm at its proper time. 

10 minutes ago, ryan1234 said:

The mods have already said if you can't back up your statements with valid facts then it's probably best to keep quiet and keep this kind of baseless blabbering to yourself. Yet... here you still are.  :rolleyes:

:wub:    :lol:   :wub:  

It's hard to keep up with all of the blabbering  :(   Thank you though for the giggle, I sure needed that  :hug: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buckeyefan1 said:

:wub:    :lol:   :wub:  

It's hard to keep up with all of the blabbering  :(   Thank you though for the giggle, I sure needed that  :hug: 

Haha! Glad I could be of service. I know you all are dealing with a lot atm, so I know it's easy to lose track of all the crap. I should have probably posted this in the sanitarium, to begin with, but it just really irked me. Good luck to all of the mods! :hug:

I miss you guys and all of the weather talk.   Tracking with anticipation was the fun of it regardless of how much snow I ever actually got.  Now living in DFW and the Central/Western states forum being my home base, there isn’t much to do.  Don’t think anyone has posted in the TX thread since Thursday.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

buckeye,  why did you wipe my post on the storm thread asking Doppler about the HRRR end of run time?

You do realize I'm not the only Mod/Black Ops Mod here right?    :rolleyes:     Most posts that are deleted for things people ask questions for, usually means if you read what has been posted your answer was probably answered already. 

1 hour ago, bigdog_10_2002 said:

I love coming to this board every storm and seeing the same people put out the same comments about how this model performs better here and disregard this model as it doesn’t handle this feature well. 

Meanwhile, the Nam continually nails the majority of events and the warm nose is always more pronounced.  We’re always left at the end to come back and bash the models as if we were duped all along. Wherein the NAM was sounding the alarm at its proper time. 

Funny thing is, the NAM isn't even the warmest model. RGEM and GGEM are worse. New Euro also.

6 minutes ago, WidreMann said:

Funny thing is, the NAM isn't even the warmest model. RGEM and GGEM are worse. New Euro also.

Yes. And I’d be afraid of the RGEM. It has done pretty good in the short term in most cases. I told my relatives in NC wo expect an ice storm on top of snow just in case. 

I remember a few years ago we had a basically all sleet storm. It was kind of amazing in its own way. We had something absurd like 5" of sleet but the really crazy thing was the foot deep sleet drift on my back deck where it had rolled down the roof and piled up. I don't remember how long exactly but it took forever for it to melt. Feels like it may be time for another one of those. Also instead of snow cream we tried to make snow icees from the sleet. Do not recommend. Maybe get some fruit flavored syrup instead of vanilla/sugar/milk or something.

2 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

I've just come to the sudden reallization that I'm a terrible parent. We had told our son it may snow today. He got up this morning and looked out of his window, then came into our room to dejectedly report "Daddy, all I see is rain." 

I tell you, teaching my son to be a snow lover AND a Gamecock fan while living in the upstate is setting him up for a life of heartache... what am I doing! :facepalm:

I feel you pain.....

• jburns unpinned this topic