Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

1 minute ago, YetAnotherRDUGuy said:

Lol. I honestly hope you're right about that.

I'm pulling for either snow/sleet or cold rain. Frz rain looks pretty and all. But then you're power goes out, and suddenly it doesn't look so pretty anymore.

Agreed. My ranking of winter precip.

1. SNOW!!!!

2. Sleet

3 Freezing rain .2" or less

4 Raining and 33º

5 Freezing rain  .25" or more

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jburns said:

Agreed. My ranking of winter precip.

1. SNOW!!!!

2. Sleet

3 Freezing rain .2" or less

4 Raining and 33º

5 Freezing rain  .25" or more

I couldn't agree more.

Confession time. In my younger years, I used to actually root for getting a lot of Frz Rain. Because people always talked about how bad it was in large amounts. But I figured they were just exaggerating, and just one time I wanted to see if they were right.

And then this happened.

accum.freezing.20021204.gif

I lived in Thomasville at the time. Out of power for 8 days.

*To this day, this is the ONLY winter weather storm that I would prefer not to have experienced in retrospect.

man if somehow the fv3 scored a coup on this it may rival the euro in terms of legendary status for the next few years. i hate that i am holding out hope that the snow line verifies and sets up just to the south of clt. ughhhhh. and with wsp mentioning the possibility of waa not being as big of a factor as in previous storms.

Is it me or are these maps people are posting in the main thread misleading?  From what I see on the models, the only area that will see an all snow event is the nw mountains and northern part of NC. Seems that most will see rain or a mix for the duration that changes to all snow at the end. 

1 minute ago, Touchet said:

Is it me or are these maps people are posting in the main thread misleading?  From what I see on the models, the only area that will see an all snow event is the nw mountains. Seems that most will see rain or a mix for the duration that changes to all snow at the end. 

its more of a difference between modeling, as the main snow will come from the front end thump before any changeover.  nam shows snow line well north with low totals while gfs and euro have the snow line much further south showing 6"+ before changeover

• jburns unpinned this topic