Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

29 minutes ago, wake4est said:

Found this on my laptop from one year ago today. Did anything become of this? I cannot remember what we were chasing.

461008C0-97F7-4B4C-AAC5-82B0A8D63DD9.jpeg

The December 8th storm, probably, which ended up being snow in the NW quadrant of NC, rain mixed with sleet and some snow over the Triangle and otherwise just a cold mess.

1 hour ago, Dunkman said:

Modeling was consistent for the most part and RAH went from 1-2 in the Triad to 10+ in, what, a day? Less than a day? Yeah that makes sense. Whatever, bring on the storm!

Comical and on que. Tell you what I may not care if its ever right , but the fv3 is my favorite model now. Ive never been plastered with clown Maps so good in my life. The kicker is , it hasnt been alone. My area may not get 20 +, but I doubt Ill ever expierence another week of digital snow to rival these past 5+ days. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Comical and on que. Tell you what I may not care if its ever right , but the fvs is my favorite model now. Ive never been plastered with clown Maps so good in my life. The kicker is , ut hasnt been alone. My area may not get 20 +, but I doubt Ill ever expierence another week of digital snow to rival these past 5+ days. 

you need a Oculus Rift! :mapsnow: :sled:

10 minutes ago, wake4est said:

Weird I have no functional memory of that. Must have been really terrible for us.

It was snowing for several hours, but too warm to stick. But then in the late afternoon and early evening, it was sleeting and that did stick just enough to freak people out. We had half the normal folks at our contra dance and lost a bunch of money for a winter storm that wasn't worth SHIT.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WidreMann said:

It was snowing for several hours, but too warm to stick. But then in the late afternoon and early evening, it was sleeting and that did stick just enough to freak people out. We had half the normal folks at our contra dance and lost a bunch of money for a winter storm that wasn't worth SHIT.

Meanwhile i moved to metro Atlanta and was expecting maybe flurries. Midtown got maybe 4” and Canton got close to a foot. I was shocked lol 

Just now, WidreMann said:

It's not un-probably maybe going to be unable to definitely not unsnow.

I counted 5 negatives in there. I think 2 cancel each other out which leaves 1 negative, 1 undetermined and 1 positive. So everything's going according to plan. Except Brick's 6"+

1 minute ago, Disc said:

Yes. Still very much in this. We are in a good spot and 6-12" is likely.

Good deal. Hopefully the precip doesn't underperform like the NAM's massive fail out in OK/TX. That was absolutely brutal. Also the 850 temps are crazy borderline. Bet I sleet down here closer to the NC border.

• jburns unpinned this topic