Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

20 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

Meh.  I’m a bitter party of one.  I love living in Raleigh and truly wouldn’t want to live anywhere else but I’m really tired of getting jack squat when it comes to snow.  Charlotte getting more than us Wake County residents is a real WTF.  I’m used to it for the Triad but Charlotte and upstate SC getting more?  I’m convinced that we are just cursed when it comes to snow.

Just to be clear, nobody has gotten anything yet.

22 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

Meh.  I’m a bitter party of one.  I love living in Raleigh and truly wouldn’t want to live anywhere else but I’m really tired of getting jack squat when it comes to snow.  Charlotte getting more than us Wake County residents is a real WTF.  I’m used to it for the Triad but Charlotte and upstate SC getting more?  I’m convinced that we are just cursed when it comes to snow.

Lol... dude we might be looking at rain even at 5000'  next to the smokies.

Just now, frazdaddy said:

Just to be clear, nobody has gotten anything yet.

Very true but I just see that coming. I can’t remember the last time Wake County wasn’t on the snow/rain line.   I always tell our kiddos to not get too excited about snow because I feel awful when we don’t get that much. Our son considers 1” of snow the best thing ever so for the most part he is easy to please.

3 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

Very true but I just see that coming. I can’t remember the last time Wake County wasn’t on the snow/rain line.   I always tell our kiddos to not get too excited about snow because I feel awful when we don’t get that much. Our son considers 1” of snow the best thing ever so for the most part he is easy to please.

Id say instead of warning them to not get excited about snow...to be excited for what snow does fall.  If your son finds 1" to be exciting...then be excited.

2 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

I know man me too. Hey it's early Dec, this should not be happening. Solar minimum, Nino and wooley worms all point to this being a better year than we've had in a long time. Keep the faith.

Science sucks!  I’m new here and still trying to learn as much as I can.  Never seen this much model agreement out to 72+, not saying it hasn’t happened but I haven’t seen it.  Models underestimate CAD, models underestimate WAA. Climatology says it won’t happen, all signs point to a storm of the century.  Some live and die by each and every model run. I appreciate learning from those who seem to have a better grasp and appreciate those who want a dream IMBY result.  Guess it’s down to Sat-Mon.  Hopefully we can enjoy it and not see more suffering from good ole Mother Nature this year!

1 hour ago, No snow for you said:

I will not let myself buy into the models. They have broken my heart too many times. 

Yep. I'm afraid the upstate is in for a bunch of cold rain and with a period of mix. CAD s take too long to get here and WAA is too strong. IF THE COLD AIR ISN'T ALREADY IN PLACE UPSTATE GETS SCREWED (unless you're north and east of TR). I really think most of us (upstate) are going to be disappointed by the lack of cold, NAM already backing off too.

58 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Upstate SC won't get more snow than Raleigh.

The amount of whinning from the RDU crowd on the board is CRAZY. I know we all think our own backyard gets left out but they take it to another level. :wacko2:

RDU averages more snow than the upstate, despite being a lower elevation and further from the mtns. Wasn't it just last year many of them got a big snow?

1 hour ago, snowinnc said:

Payback for the inequity of Raleigh vs Charlotte highways...

Eff Raleigh.

34 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

we knew this was coming, makes it a bit easier to accept. likely not going to see snow in clt at this juncture. sleet and rain it is.

Trends aren't good, but I'll stick with the government officials forecasting a foot, over a couple lousy model runs. At least for now.

41 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

The amount of whinning from the RDU crowd on the board is CRAZY. I know we all think our own backyard gets left out but they take it to another level. :wacko2:

RDU averages more snow than the upstate, despite being a lower elevation and further from the mtns. Wasn't it just last year many of them got a big snow?

The upstate is home to some of the biggest whiners in the SE. But everyone should know better at this point but still do not. Based on the SREF plumes the GFS won't be pretty either so this may become the main board. But maybe we need a sub board about whining about whiners. 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

The upstate is home to some of the biggest whiners in the SE. But everyone should know better at this point but still do not. Based on the SREF plumes the GFS won't be pretty either so this may become the main board. But maybe we need a sub board about whining about whiners. 

:lol: Maybe start a group therapy thread for Upstate and RDU peeps, get out all our pain about how bad our areas are for winter weather. Someone from Columbia can moderate. "Hi I'm Iceage, I'm addicted to snow and live in the upstate!"

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic