Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

7 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

We'll do it all over again next year.  Been fun!

Anyone ever hear from Packbacker?

What I can't wait for is December to come around again and the NAO to be nailed positive for three straight months, only for it to go negative in March. 

• Sad 1

Chattanooga booked our third straight pitifully awful winter in a row. I know we live in the South, but this is ludicrous.

Will give it a D, avoiding F only due to a trace. Like storm chasing it's all local though. Other parts of the South got B to A+ (Griteater recap). Congrats there!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
26 minutes ago, CarySnowLover said:

I would like to rant about RDU's apparent inability to produce a good snowfall before Christmas. Look at the chart below. Four winter storms that produced over a foot of snow in some part of NC left RDU with a mere trace. 

attachFull7604

It has happened two or three times since the 1870s. You can’t be mad at climo.

7 minutes ago, Waiting on snow said:

I don't know about the EPS, but the weeklies are awful the second week of December. Has a gulf of Alaska low. My limited knowledge tells me though once that feature is established its stubborn as the SER. I hope it doesn't pan out.

I thought a gulf of Alaska low was good. It helps establish a western ridge. 

Well I guess I need to get my shorts and T-shirts back out!! What a winter :( Euro weeklies are not the final say, In fact they not that good most of the time! I'm sure there will be some warm-ups  But I doubt the whole winter is down the tubes..............  This is going to be a great winter! Time will tell I guess...............................

Good morning folks! I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving? I do not know about you all, but I am SO READY to track a winter system! Hoping we have a 2009-2010 kind of season, where the tracks were APLENTY! Is there anything on the horizon that keeps showing up, but not quite close enough to set up a thread? LOL...I am ready to see some awesome analytics from all the Southeast Crew!! Have a good one everyone and STAY SAFE! 

Best, 

Jason 

• Like 1

JB has a interesting post about the EURO Weeklies this morning.

The entire run of the Euro Weeklies is suspect. I think it's going to be colder in the front 15-20 days. The reason it's milder in the period afterward may not be because it's going to be mild, but simply less cold. I think Days 30-45 will be colder, given the pattern in the Pacific.

This is the same kind of language I have used before with Thursday night runs. It doesn't mean I am right, but I would caution putting my eggs into the Euro basket and at least factor in the Canadian.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Almost that time as we turn the corner to December. It's no longer too early to snow. Now we begin with the "models are underestimating the wedge, it'll make it's own cold air, still plenty of time to trend back south, wait until the storm is on the west coast for a sample, the Euro is useless time to watch short range models, and I'm sure many others. Lmao should be a fun ride.