Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

4 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

Slow to change over and terrible dendrite growth, same old song and dance here.  Still will hit forecast totals but on the low end barring getting in a good band again like earlier.

I'm not so sure. I'll be happy with 2 inches at this point. Temps are ALWAYS a problem. 

1 minute ago, SnowNiner said:

I'm not so sure. I'll be happy with 2 inches at this point. Temps are ALWAYS a problem. 

I’m not complaining, figured we’d start as rain but also thought when I woke up at 6:3 we’d be all snow since it was a mix at 4. Once it flipped completely things went off, just in a patch of terrible flake size right now. Can’t “reasonably” complain about a non-bust just because of low end of the range totals, but it still stings because of the reasons why.  Reminds me of the start to that storm a few years ago when QueenCity racked up down in Ft Mill while you and I were sitting here in a minimum for the area due to dendrite growth over us sucking for far too long.

9 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

I’m not complaining, figured we’d start as rain but also thought when I woke up at 6:3 we’d be all snow since it was a mix at 4. Once it flipped completely things went off, just in a patch of terrible flake size right now. Can’t “reasonably” complain about a non-bust just because of low end of the range totals, but it still stings because of the reasons why.  Reminds me of the start to that storm a few years ago when QueenCity racked up down in Ft Mill while you and I were sitting here in a minimum for the area due to dendrite growth over us sucking for far too long.

That was the 14 storm. It took forever for the column to get right that day. 

Ratios are only going up from here so dont give up yet. 

2 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

That was the 14 storm. It took forever for the column to get right that day. 

Ratios are only going up from here so dont give up yet. 

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!?  I just need this column over me to moisten back up. It’s trying to, thought it would when this band got over me but just can’t get the nickel sized flakes to return. 2-3” down here should be a given with what has to come through.

24 minutes ago, WidreMann said:

I'm still baffled by the warming. In what universe does moderate or more than moderate snow with a north wind and a completely cold column result in temps warming at the surface? I swear, every storm there's a new meteorological phenomenon that comes in to screw us.

It really does seem that way at RDU.  Utterly bizarre.