Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

2 minutes ago, WidreMann said:

Models keep shifting NW and delaying. Temps are too warm. This and that, the usual. I'm guessing we'll see an inch around RDU. I guess if we have enough 1" storms we can reach an average winter again.

Only you could find something to complain about sitting directly in the bullseye of a storm 6 hours out. I might be slightly concerned in SE wake county or anywhere South and east of there, but you should be golden, imo

5 minutes ago, WidreMann said:

Models keep shifting NW and delaying. Temps are too warm. This and that, the usual. I'm guessing we'll see an inch around RDU. I guess if we have enough 1" storms we can reach an average winter again.

You’re in Chapel Hill, correct?  If so then I’m not sure why you’re complaining.  Those of us in Wake County have legitimate concerns but you are pretty much in the sweet spot.

7 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

You’re in Chapel Hill, correct?  If so then I’m not sure why you’re complaining.  Those of us in Wake County have legitimate concerns but you are pretty much in the sweet spot.

South Durham, which performs poorly with nearly every storm and I don't know why. Perhaps Jordan Lake. Perhaps gentrification.

17 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Only you could find something to complain about sitting directly in the bullseye of a storm 6 hours out. I might be slightly concerned in SE wake county or anywhere South and east of there, but you should be golden, imo

Ya, he would complain about finding two snowflakes that look exactly the same!

I'm sitting between the two higher snowfall totals on the Rgem. There's 3-6 to my west and now 3-5 to my east as it pulls the coastal ever so closer. I had around 4.5 to 5 inches on Jan 3rd so its not life or death for my season I've already scored. Would be nice to see that low kick off 30 more miles west though and get me into those higher potential totals.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

lol....i've always loved widre's complaining and pessimism. He's always cracked me up. 

3 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

Miss your being up here.  Always looked for your posts during these type of events.

It sucks living down here as a snow lover. Missing out on the January storm last year sucked since that was the biggest snowstorm since 2002! :( Good luck up there!  Looks like it should be a good one!  A solid warning-criteria event, at least, and potentially something more memorable.

12 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Lol  at this dumpster fire! All rain, dry slot opening up between me and ATL, band of precip nowhere near as wide as modeled by short range ! :(

I'm sitting in a 1 county wide WWA with WSW warnings either side of me. One side is the for the piedmonts bigger totals and the one east of me is for the coastal that gets going. I wish there was a way for this "deepening stronger cutoff" (per Raleigh NWS) to not die and lose the qpf so fast as it moves east.

I was honestly expecting to waste .10 of liquid to raining/melting here, but I have .00 in the guage so far with a dusting on the ground and temp of 32.9 and dropping. It looks like we aren't going to waste any liquid! All the short range modells have .25 to .35 of liquidt falling here so I'm thinking 2 to 3 inches is a lock!

Us Pgv guys are getting the Raleigh screw job this go around. So 3 to 6 near Raleigh and now MHX comes out with this awesome disco for the coastal areas.

Then, as energy transfers to a developing coastal low east of
the Outer Banks, heavier snow will move over coastal sections
of Eastern NC, generally east of HWY 17. The heaviest snow will
fall along the Pamlico Sound from Carteret County to Hatteras
Island/mainland Hyde County. Strong dynamics, thanks to a
robust cutoff upper low, will allow the low to deepen quickly
Wednesday night. This will produce moderate to heavy snow over
the NC coast with a deformation band setting up somewhere.
Mesoscale dynamics/factors could produce locally heavier
snowfall of 4+ inches, and even a rumble of thunder.