Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

19 minutes ago, weatherheels said:

The one and only thing that is giving me hope with this set up is knowing that Frosty lives to my west.  That has to give me some sort of chance of seeing snow in this setup ;)

A Mt. Airy jackpot is still very possible.  I don't know how, but Frosty has stopped in and said that this isn't his storm and wished luck to folks to his south and east.  This is usually the course things take before Frosty ends up getting snowed in. :lol:

• Haha 1

I don't understand why the Raleigh people are so distressed about this opportunity.  (That means you, Cold Rain and packbacker and...)  You guys are more depressed and downcast than anyone I've seen in a long time.  You have a legitimately good shot at accumulating snow, and you refuse to find solace or hope in anything.  You seem to enjoy the doldrums and revel in it.  It's become your badge of honor.  You will have three inches of snow on the ground Thursday morning and will still refuse to believe that it's there.  Come on, guys!  Snap out of it!  Go find some puppies, rainbows, and unicorns or something.  :bag:  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

I don't understand why the Raleigh people are so distressed about this opportunity.  (That means you, Cold Rain and packbacker and...)  You guys are more depressed and downcast than anyone I've seen in a long time.  You have a legitimately good shot at accumulating snow, and you refuse to find solace or hope in anything.  You seem to enjoy the doldrums and revel in it.  It's become your badge of honor.  You will have three inches of snow on the ground Thursday morning and will still refuse to believe that it's there.  Come on, guys!  Snap out of it!  Go find some puppies, rainbows, and unicorns or something.  :bag:  :D

1) Years of squandered opportunities.  2)  3k Nam.  3)  Years of squandered opportunities.  4)  3k Nam......

4 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

Aren’t you in Wilmington?  You guys are suppposed to do really well.  What’s with the negativity?  RDU is getting screwed in this, not Wilmington.

Oh, but we are getting screwed too. You guys will struggle with QPF, but we will struggle with ICE. Nobody down here wants an ice storm, at least any sane person lol. That is why I am being negative. Since moving to the area from Fayetteville 4 years ago I have seen half an inch of snow. That is it. Though I have seen a lot of ice. Last winter was the first measurable snow I had seen and it was a dusting pretty much. Grrrrrrrrr lol.

6 minutes ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

Oh, but we are getting screwed too. You guys will struggle with QPF, but we will struggle with ICE. Nobody down here wants an ice storm, at least any sane person lol. That is why I am being negative. Since moving to the area from Fayetteville 4 years ago I have seen half an inch of snow. That is it. Though I have seen a lot of ice. Last winter was the first measurable snow I had seen and it was a dusting pretty much. Grrrrrrrrr lol.

Oh in that regards then yes, you are getting screwed.  I would rather get a cold rain than any ice.  I grew up in Fayetteville and remember getting so mad at the kids in Raleigh who got out of school for snow when we got rain.  Now that we live in Raleigh though it seems like our kiddos never get days off for snow!

1 hour ago, Cold Rain said:

And then seeing this last minute jog east.  I want to see continued jogs west, Namnit!

Only we can get slp shifting west with qpf gradient shifting east.  This starts, whatever this is, in 24 hours.  We aren’t even under a WWA.