• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

Yeah, I'm disappointed. Just looked at the Euro and it's just cold and dry for RDU for the next 10 days. We may get some kind of clipper (..never modeled well) give us something but the big storm signal has slipped away. Way out at 10 days it has some kind of system, but that's fantasy range.  

For folks in the deep south, this might be a good pattern for you. Any waves that do pass to the south could give you some rare wintery preicp.  

Boy,. This place is deader than a doornail.  Yeah,. The models seem to have played us.  However,. It's been a long long time since we had such a cold Northern streamed, soppressive pattern as shown in the 0z Euro and others.

I have my doubts it will be that dry around us.  Just a hunch but I still think we'll see some action this next week.  6gfs still throwing us a new year's bone so who knows.  

Perhaps the models still don't have a clue past 72hrs. Just a few days ago we were getting lake cutters and Apps runners into large highs.  Lol

CJ from WYFF just jumped ship for Friday system, it takes  a lot for him to jump. I'm still not ready to call that one till tomorrow evening though, already we're seeing some correction NW on some models. 

However, we are quickly losing out on this colder pattern of opportunity. At one time there were pretty good signals for a Christmas system; kaput! Weak signal for 27th; no dice. Big consensus for 29th; sun is setting. Big dog for New year's; fat lady on stage. We could  very soon be a quick 0-4 and running out of cold!

15 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

Seems like when the conditions are perfect we can't score. When the conditions suck, we can't score. When will score again? 

This is exactly why I hated getting the short end of the December snow. We only get a few legitimate shots regardless if it's solar winter or not. While I think we'll get a couple more shots after the upcoming pattern change, that could ironically have been our best shot this winter.

11 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Yea things are not looking good and the early December snow will likely be the best snow of the season for most of WNC IMO

Yeah I agree.  Trends don’t look good.  I can’t complain though.  Scored 9” from the early December snow.  That’s like 300-400% of normal for me lol.   Law of averages says I either just made up for the years of no snow or I’m fooked for a few years. 

31 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

Glad I never left this thread. 

I'm trying to figure out why EVERYONE isn't in here. I guess the cold is intriguing. The whole "YOU CAN'T HAVE SNOW WITHOUT COLD" is a moot point. Sure, that's true, but you also CAN'T HAVE SNOW WITH TOO MUCH COLD. Again, this shows the absolute imperativeness of a -NAO for snow here. Period. And if we can't have a -NAO, we at the very least need some ridging in the Atlantic.

• Like 1