SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Somewhere Brick is in a corner, holding his knees and rocking back and forth and saying " models still look good" and " I don't understand all the negativity, the storm isn't over yet"! :)

Don’t worry, it will all melt and you can go back to your usual incessant whining.

44 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Somewhere Brick is in a corner, holding his knees and rocking back and forth and saying " models still look good" and " I don't understand all the negativity, the storm isn't over yet"! :)

Mack does this even count towards winter averages since it's not even winter yet? I'm pretty sure most people beat their fall averages by 50,000% 

22 hours ago, SnowDeac said:

Didn't take me long this winter. South Charlotte may be the worst place in the country to be a snow lover. I can smell the huge flakes up by Lake Norman.

No sir, Columbia SC has that honor. Hadn't seen accumulation snow since Feb. 2014 and every time it's just 50 short miles to the northwest.

9 hours ago, WarmNose said:

Mack does this even count towards winter averages since it's not even winter yet? I'm pretty sure most people beat their fall averages by 50,000% 

Yes I count it ! I think our yearly avg is around 6". So -1/8th inch from yesterday, I only have 5 7/8ths inches to go to reach normal!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, packfan98 said:

Being 5 miles south of I-85 really sucks! The next time I move, I'm going just north of I-40!

You guys are too young to remember the good old days before the interstates were finished. Storms were free to move around the SE as they wished resulting in more frequent and more evenly distributed snowfall. No sudden turns to follow the twin concrete ribbons to mess up a forecast back then. You could live wherever you wanted to and have a decent chance at snow. A simpler slower moving time where storms resulted in a couple of days off work to play in the snow instead of a state of emergency.*

*This message sponsored by the Ghost of Snowstorms Past.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2