Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

5 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Man, it would be nice to get into a solid 2 week cold pattern.  Why is that so hard anymore?

Yeah I'd take one week.  Most we can get it looks like is 3 days.  And in between are these HUGE warm ups that take FOREVER! I feel like this warm run has lasted forevvvvvvveeeeerrr. 

We're not even in range of fantasy storms at this point, that's how long it's taking to get out of the crap pattern. 

2 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Just read about the Miami snow on Jan 19 of 1977! They got a trace and it was from a cold front bringing even colder air !!!! Can you imagine? It doesn't even do that here

That's unheard of this day and age.  Hopefully, as the Sun goes quiet, we'll start to see more cold spells.  We need to get Phil some snow down his way.

1 minute ago, SnowNiner said:

Yeah I'd take one week.  Most we can get it looks like is 3 days.  And in between are these HUGE warm ups that take FOREVER! I feel like this warm run has lasted forevvvvvvveeeeerrr. 

We're not even in range of fantasy storms at this point, that's how long it's taking to get out of the crap pattern. 

This is shaping up to be one of the worst winters for me.  I bet the Weeklies take a YUGE dump tonight.  Watch.

7 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

That's unheard of this day and age.  Hopefully, as the Sun goes quiet, we'll start to see more cold spells.  We need to get Phil some snow down his way.

This is shaping up to be one of the worst winters for me.  I bet the Weeklies take a YUGE dump tonight.  Watch.

Don't say that.  The weeklies and the CFS are my only hope at this point.  That's so sad...

Next year is going to rock though with weak Nino, solar minimum, and something QBO.  Feeling good about next year.  Kinda. 

9 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

I'm sitting at the bar. My winter is getting better.

30 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Man, it would be nice to get into a solid 2 week cold pattern.  Why is that so hard anymore?

What's really sad is we've got the purdiest little bowling ball traversing the southern stream in a couple of days...how is that staying suppressed with no cold air in the pattern...oh the irony

14 minutes ago, SnowNiner said:

Don't say that.  The weeklies and the CFS are my only hope at this point.  That's so sad...

Next year is going to rock though with weak Nino, solar minimum, and something QBO.  Feeling good about next year.  Kinda. 

Whatever the QBO is, you can rest assured that it will be in the worst possible state or moving into the worst possible state.  And on the off chance that it is neither in the worst possible state nor moving into the worst possible state, the atmosphere will act like it is in the worst possible state or moving into the worst possible state.  The QBO is all that matters from now on.  I don't care what anybody's winter forecast is next year.  If the QBO is bad, the party is over.

3 minutes ago, griteater said:

What's really sad is we've got the purdiest little bowling ball traversing the southern stream in a couple of days...how is that staying suppressed with no cold air in the pattern...oh the irony

Yeah, of course.  In two weeks, the flow will be straight out of Michigan.

3 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

I can walk from work. I'll send you an uber!

Sweet!  All these people keep coming by my desk acting like I'm actually working.  Just because I'm sitting at my desk after 5 doesn't mean I'm working, people!

I wonder if Brick got his work done today in between internet browsing?  I wonder if he spends all of his weekly allotted internet time in one day or if he spreads it out throughout the week?

9 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Sweet!  All these people keep coming by my desk acting like I'm actually working.  Just because I'm sitting at my desk after 5 doesn't mean I'm working, people!

I wonder if Brick got his work done today in between internet browsing?  I wonder if he spends all of his weekly allotted internet time in one day or if he spreads it out throughout the week?

lol good ?'s. I'm headed out for real now see you there

32 minutes ago, griteater said:

Well, when it gets cold again, we could all go bowling? That's the only way we're getting both together.

3 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

Cold Rain FTW!  Weeklies bomb!

3 hours ago, JoshM said:

Well, when it gets cold again, we could all go bowling? That's the only way we're getting both together.

Yeah, that's probably right

2 hours ago, burrel2 said:

Yea... it was breathtaking, pictures don't do it justice.

Thanks, looks nice.  Some of the highlights of my life have been going skiing out west