• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

The hell with all of you. You all talk nice but when it comes down to doing something you’re nowhere to be found. The hell with you!  7” of snow, temps last night in the single digits with zero possible tonight and nothing, Not a peep. Selfish ***holes. 

Have you learned anything about winter weather procedures? I don’t think so. Don’t try and tell me you didn’t know, it is on TV multiple times every year. You just ignored it and left a sick fragile old man alone as the snow piled up and temps plummeted. The hell with all of you. CHECK ON THE ELDERLY. Is that so freaking hard to do? I could have died. Selfish ***holes.

5 minutes ago, jburns said:

The hell with all of you. You all talk nice but when it comes down to doing something you’re nowhere to be found. The hell with you!  7” of snow, temps last night in the single digits with zero possible tonight and nothing, Not a peep. Selfish ***holes. 

Have you learned anything about winter weather procedures? I don’t think so. Don’t try and tell me you didn’t know, it is on TV multiple times every year. You just ignored it and left a sick fragile old man alone as the snow piled up and temps plummeted. The hell with all of you. CHECK ON THE ELDERLY. Is that so freaking hard to do? I could have died. Selfish ***holes.

You all right JB? :D

15 hours ago, WNash said:

I moved from Tennessee to Buffalo about four years ago, and I can tell you that I have seen the snow clouds for epic multi-foot storms, including the Nov 2014 70" storm, just 3-5 miles south and never come any closer. I have to live where I live for work, and in my part of the area we do get some decent snow from time to time, but even up in the Great Lakes you would be amazed at how often you can find yourself in the screwzone.

I know, but its human nature that the grass is always greener somewhere else?  (or in our case the snow is always deeper).

By the way, what do they consider "decent" up there in terms of amount and frequency?

7 hours ago, Moonhowl said:

Greg Fishel at least was hinting at a bust for the Raleigh area the night before; i.e. the warm nose; sleet; little snow.

I wonder if thy just need to quit showing maps of predicted snowfall on a regular basis.  These are basically equivalent to individual ensemble forecasts in that they give an idea of one possible outcome and nothing more.

1 hour ago, pcbjr said:

Need help? I'll drive there if the Judge will let me out this week!

Not anymore.   A black bear wandered into my yard while I was shoveling the driveway.  Luckily, I had my pocket knife with me and after a twenty-minute battle I managed to kill it.  I then skinned it and I'm using the skin as a coat. Sliced some thick steaks from the hind quarter so I'll have something for dinner.  Still, it isn't right to not check on a helpless old man during and after a snowstorm.

52 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I know, but its human nature that the grass is always greener somewhere else?  (or in our case the snow is always deeper).

By the way, what do they consider "decent" up there in terms of amount and frequency?

We have had probably 20" this winter, about half of which came in one storm. The rest has fallen in small increments, while areas to the south have gotten huge amounts. By contrast, 25 miles south of here, they're over 100 inches with half the winter still to go.

Part of it is geography amd part of it is bad luck. Point is exactly what you said, the snow is always deeper on the other side.

4 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

See, this is what I mean.  Gottfried can recruit, but he isn't a good coach. He never has his teams prepared to play the big game.  They're a street ball team.  It's why we could have the number one recruiting class year after year and never be more than mediocre.  We don't improve mentally or fundamentally.

Being a little hard on Gott there; the epic snow in Raleigh got them off their game; the Pack will avenge this loss on Feb 15.:pimp:

31 minutes ago, jburns said:

Not anymore.   A black bear wandered into my yard while I was shoveling the driveway.  Luckily, I had my pocket knife with me and after a twenty-minute battle I managed to kill it.  I then skinned it and I'm using the skin as a coat. Sliced some thick steaks from the hind quarter so I'll have something for dinner.  Still, it isn't right to not check on a helpless old man during and after a snowstorm.

Looks like from the news release photo - you got the SOB

th-1.jpg

one place where winter is not over is alaska...some brutal cold up there the past few days..with actual surface temps into the -50s...with windchills into the -70s....with likely some areas into the -80s. (one station i looked at yesterday had a windchill of -79).

DCT_SPECIAL6_1280x720.jpg?v=ap&w=1280&h=

So the last 3 days we stayed in Crested Butte to go skiing. I thought I had seen a lot of snow at our cabin, (6ft).  That was until we arrived in Crested Butte.... They had recieved over 100" in the last 5 days. The most snow they've gotten since 1980! It was INSANE!!!! This is what buried looks like.

amer5.jpg

amer7.jpg

amer8.jpg

3 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

So the last 3 days we stayed in Crested Butte to go skiing. I thought I had seen a lot of snow at our cabin, (6ft).  That was until we arrived in Crested Butte.... They had recieved over 100" in the last 5 days. The most snow they've gotten since 1980! It was INSANE!!!! This is what buried looks like.

amer5.jpg

amer7.jpg

amer8.jpg

Nice! I went to Crested Butte in '93 and it looked like that as well. It was the most snow I had ever seen and then we had the blizzard here a month later. Lol.