Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

5 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

By the way, if it's going to sleet I say let it stay sleet. If we can get some higher QPF totals that could equate to a decent event. One of my favorite storms was the 1996 sleet fest and that dropped 6" of sleet in Wake forest.

I've never had that much sleet. I bet it made for a great sledding!

3 minutes ago, Amos83 said:

LOL at the people already complaining..... most everything looks right on schedule. The early cliff diving happens all the time.

In this case, though, (for folks in Wake County) we're harping about the schedule, not fretting over whether it'll happen.  Me, if it comes between the schedule (sleet-fest) and a cold rain, I'd rather the cold rain.  Winter weather is very impactful and only sweet, sweet snow makes it worth it (to me).

What a pathetic low this is.  I mean, compare it to January 2000.  This thing (on simulated radar) appears like an amped up frontal passage -- no real wrap around, no clear CoC, nothing.  Man, if we could have a stronger low this would be one to remember.  Prove me wrong l'il low, prove me wrong!

I've been quietly sitting here all week deleting posts and waiting for the predicted heavy snow to move NW to its usual location and give me my stationary chase. Well what do you know,  It happened again.:)  I'm guessing I will get 10" which is my benchmark for a good storm. I grew up in NW NJ and went to school in Boone so I haven't adopted the, "if the ground is covered its a major storm" mantra of the non mountain SE.  Doubt I ever will at this point. In any case, except for this once again falling at night making it harder to fully appreciate it should be fun. 

Also, when I post some obs later don't look for words like pounding, hammering, ripping or blasting.  Intermittent, light, medium and heavy is as far as I go. :snowman:

Just now, jburns said:

I've been quietly sitting here all week deleting posts and waiting for the predicted heavy snow to move NW to its usual location and give me my stationary chase. Well what do you know,  It happened again.:)  I'm guessing I will get 10" which is my benchmark for a good storm. I grew up in NW NJ and went to school in Boone so I haven't adopted the, "if the ground is covered its a major storm" mantra of the non mountain SE.  Doubt I ever will at this point. In any case, except for this once again falling at night making it harder to fully appreciate it should be fun. 

Also, when I post some obs later don't look for words like pounding, hammering, ripping or blasting.  Intermittent, light, medium and heavy is as far as I go. :snowman:

Puking?

2 hours ago, thess said:

Haha, I don't remember that one, must have blanked it out of my memory. But I do have a document I keep for the holidays, for random info from one year to the next (like grocery store hours, what dishes I cooked for Thanksgiving that people ate/didn't eat, shopping lists, etc). When I opened it this year I read at the very top:

"STOP FOLLOWING SNOWSTORMS IT JUST MAKES YOU SAD".

I don't remember typing that but maybe it was because of this Feb thing you mention. :)

Maybe it was the year before last.  I know we got crushed by despair one time in the not so long ago past.  

Don't think we're out of the game here yet, but sure is discouraging to see folks 25 miles north already having snow sticking. I think I'm just going to start drinking beers with friends after work and let things fall as they may. Sounds way more fun and less stressful at this point.

29 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Probably a good 3/4 inch before the flurries set in.

RGEM was roughly the same, lot of sleet maybe backend snow.  If you believe it we don't snow until tomorrow lat morning.  Every 6 hours this gets worse.  Pingers all night....well I guess we could rain too.