Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

1 hour ago, Timothy Clyde said:

When I read GSP's AFD for winter storms they are always so giddy like they have never seen snow before. I thought about emailing the east coast headquarters in Maryland about their lack of professionalism. It's like a long children's book.

What was in your Cheerios this morning? 

When I read GSP's AFD for winter storms they are always so giddy like they have never seen snow before. I thought about emailing the east coast headquarters in Maryland about their lack of professionalism. It's like a long children's book.

Complain to Mom first. Maybe she'll bake you cookies. :)

I assume this guy is kidding... 

Whatevs. That was a fantastic read this morning. I appreciate the humanity and personality put into the AFD. You can tell the forecaster actually enjoys her job. In addition, there was nothing "unprofessional" in what she wrote. Her style may not have been your preference (though I can't fathom why you would take issue with someone who apparently shares our entire board's fondness for winter weather), but she broke no unwritten rules. Lighten up, Francis.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Quick. Someone find a model output to read to me, whisper to me how temps east of ATL will drop as soon as precip starts, that that "column will cool the surface layer (?)" give me some years for reference and post lots of columns of numbers I can't interpret but I know they are wonderful and I will later be basking in the moonlit glow of 4 inches of beautiful white snow!

For the love of all that's good and holy, please!!?!

1 hour ago, calculus1 said:

Whatevs. That was a fantastic read this morning. I appreciate the humanity and personality put into the AFD. You can tell the forecaster actually enjoys her job. In addition, there was nothing "unprofessional" in what she wrote. Her style may not have been your preference (though I can't fathom why you would take issue with someone who apparently shares our entire board's fondness for winter weather), but she broke no unwritten rules. Lighten up, Francis.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

1000% agree with all of this. Our forecast area is fortunate to have her here. That afd was fantastic.

8 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Not before my 40 and rain! :(

I have a feeling rain is about all we get. It's going to reach near 50 at GSP in my opinion and we will never recover from that. Having to get cold air in during the storm almost never works out. The only time it did is March 2009.

The new NAM says you need to be north of I-85 in SC to see snow. This is going to turn into a Dec 2009 like event that leaves the GSP and CLT metro areas with only rain, right along with Atlanta and Athens in GA. Also Raleigh NC. Hopefully  we get something in Feb for SC and GA.

8 minutes ago, jshetley said:

The new NAM says you need to be north of I-85 in SC to see snow. This is going to turn into a Dec 2009 like event that leaves the GSP and CLT metro areas with only rain, right along with Atlanta and Athens in GA. Also Raleigh NC. Hopefully  we get something in Feb for SC and GA.

Welcome back! We've missed your insight!

50 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Not before my 40 and rain! :(

I'll be headed towards Boiling Springs/york/Gaffney tomorrow to play in the snow. The portals just suck :( 

12 minutes ago, CSRAwx said:

Think we see any mixing issues? Latest maps have some pink on a CAE-AGS line. If it's a Miller A, shouldn't be a problem? I think I'm just still scarred from Feb 2014...

I'm sure we will probably see a few flakes fly at the end, but not enough to matter really. If we see a couple hrs of slop here it would be a win :lol:   We need that low crossing central fl, not west of savannah ;) 

2 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Welcome back! We've missed your insight!

I know it's the NAM, but I just have a feeling it has the right idea. The cold air is going to have a very hard time crossing the mountains I'm afraid. You are set though if you are in Asheville, Hickory, the Triad in NC and on up into VA. Those areas get 4-8 inches of snow. Basically if you got snow just before Christmas in Dec 2009 you'll get snow tonight. If you got rain then, you'll get rain tonight.

3 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I'm sure we will probably see a few flakes fly at the end, but not enough to matter really. If we see a couple hrs of slop here it would be a win :lol:   We need that low crossing central fl, not west of savannah ;) 

Word, I see it at 24 on the 6z NAM. Enjoy the good stuff up north.

1 minute ago, DopplerWx said:

airport right on the line staying all snow through the event.  southern wake is a big mix. hope its off but eh...

It's not.  If the model shows you mixing, you can rest assured that it will be more mixing for longer.  It never ever goes the other way.