Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

7 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

Should I start worrying about sleet yet? It seems lke climo tends to favor a sneaky warm nose, but I guess the NAM track or north of that isn't especially likely.

You should always worry about sleet. I've had more sleet than snow the last 5 years. And I'm not talking liquid equivalent either. Actual ground measurements. 2 days ago I saw a model with snow at Disney World and now the NW Piedmont of NC is close enough to smell the sleet on the NAM. You're never safe!

5 minutes ago, packbacker said:

The 4km NAM is all sleet and no snow.  If these NAM's are correct then I give up...this would be a tough pill to swallow.  I do think we taint a good bit but to get no snow with what the other 18 models are showing...

It sure would be.   I absolutely love living in Raleigh and wouldn't want to live anywhere else but I am so sick of getting screwed by the stupid winter weather.   I hate getting my hopes up even though I know I shouldn't. Of course our kiddos have been talking about snow all week because their classmates have been and they are going to be crushed when we end up with 2 inches of rain. Stupid NW shift.

21 minutes ago, lookingnorth said:

I'm still concerned about the warmth here in Chapel Hill. As of right now, all models give me a good dose of snow/sleet, but if this thing trends NW any more, I'll have the same problems those in Wake County are having. I still thing the Greensboro to Petersburg jackpot seems likely.

Same view. Hopefully the models will nudge back southeast ever so slightly right before the storm, which I know is a possibility.

1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

I am going to go out on a limb and say that I will not get more than an inch of snow.  Congrats north and western Wake.

We are 30 miles from a cold rain and 30 miles from all snow.  Right now we are in sitting in QPF max with a mix bag of junk.  The heavy snow is like 50-75 miles wide.  I will be happy, very happy with 3-4" of sn/ip mix.  I have given up on the all snow, I just hope to avoid rain.

3 minutes ago, packbacker said:

We are 30 miles from a cold rain and 30 miles from all snow.  Right now we are in sitting in QPF max with a mix bag of junk.  The heavy snow is like 50-75 miles wide.  I will be happy, very happy with 3-4" of sn/ip mix.  I have given up on the all snow, I just hope to avoid rain.

I think we avoid rain but the snow ain't coming back.  It never does.  I've lost the Canadian now.  Euro up next.

2 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

I think we avoid rain but the snow ain't coming back.  It never does.  I've lost the Canadian now.  Euro up next.

That's the thing the CMC/RGEM/GFS we all jack because we are toeing the line.  I could literally seeing a NW shift and we get slop and end up with 1-2" or we get 5-6" of concrete.  I don't know what to think...snku_acc.us_ma.png

7 minutes ago, packbacker said:

You gotta be able to smell the rain, to get the big snows! It's a razors edge!Fear the NW trend, it's fo real!

im expecting only rain, so my bar is set low!

3 minutes ago, packbacker said:

That's the thing the CMC/RGEM/GFS we all jack because we are toeing the line.  I could literally seeing a NW shift and we get slop and end up with 1-2" or we get 5-6" of concrete.  I don't know what to think...snku_acc.us_ma.png

Just a small 30 mile shift SE.  Peanuts.  Just once!!!!

Smell the rain to get the snow! Exactly! 5 miles SW of Athens GA. Always on the line. Have won some (huge I think maybe March 1, 2009, we got 5-6-7+ inches when a band set up over us, and 20 miles south of us had almost nothing) lost some (most recently 2015). While I do love the watch and anticipation, and really love anything I get frozen, I do live in the south, so...

4 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

I wonder sometimes what the guys at RAH are smoking.  They have Greensboro under a Winter Storm Warming while calling for 2" to 4".  Meanwhile, they have Goldsboro under a Winter Storm Watch while calling for 3" to 7".  In what universe does that make sense?

That's an easy one, mixing probability concerns. Greensboro has a much higher chance of all snow.

1 hour ago, Timothy Clyde said:

When I read GSP's AFD for winter storms they are always so giddy like they have never seen snow before. I thought about emailing the east coast headquarters in Maryland about their lack of professionalism. It's like a long children's book.

You're now entering the NO FUN ZONE!