Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

1 minute ago, No snow for you said:

I see you have played this game before. 

No doubt about it...  90% of the time that's just the way it goes.  It'd be damn nice for once, to just see a storm steam roll the deep south with cold in place, no mixing issues... BUT, it is what it is.  Those guys up North always win out one way or the other...    I hope this thing slides right off the coast and leaves them high and dry, but I doubt it. 

TWC has adjusted for CAE. Instead of rain changing to snow Friday night/Saturday morning, they list 33 and rain. With less than an inch snow Saturday morning before tapering off to 37 degrees later in the day. You can't make this stuff up. 

45 minutes ago, gwlee7 said:

I have been around here long enough to know that since I don't know what I am talking about, it's best for me to stay out of the discussion threads.  It is killing me that there are people questioning the validity of models that they don't know anything about.  "Well is the {insert model here} really able to {insert complaint about what it is saying here}?"

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE MODEL IS SUPPOSE TO MEASURE, WOULD IT BE SO HARD TO SEARCH SOMEWHERE AND FIND OUT????!!!!!

I :wub: you   

btw....you probably know more than you give yourself credit for ;) 

In other news....my 32.7 degree rain seems right on track. yay me! :cliff:

:P 

I am split between Roxboro and Ahoskie - Gatesville, still some time but the logistics are different.  Roxboro I would leave tomorrow night and stay overnight, come back Saturday evening.  NE NC I will leave Saturday before sun up and just come back in the evening.  Merchants Millpond is always open so that has me interested plus a nice blend of outdoor activities, good Jeb walk material.  I think the chance of seeing a foot is moderate which is enough for sails up.

1 hour ago, DopplerWx said:

gfs looks great, holds serve! i can relax a bit now

The RGEM looked terrible and 12Z and its starting to correct etc, the 18Z much better some places in Pitt Co went fro no snow to 7" in one run lol......something wonky happened at 06Z to screw it all up but the models are coming back home now....the para NAM matched the GFS pretty well, don't know much about it but maybe they corrected some of the amplification bias, either way by 12Z tomorrow central and eastern NC at least will be staring down a HECS I hope....