Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

Going to have to issue flood watches around the Triangle soon.  We've had a lot of rain lately.  Looks like tball is going to be a washout this weekend.

Even RAH backed off for Raleigh, worried about mixing and shifted max snowfall in 85 corridor.

21 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Nice, James!  Although the NAM is laughing in your face.  It keeps getting worse and worse.

Yeah, the NAM would require switching the max along the I-85 corridor and slashing totals for ENC and RDU.  Yikes.

17 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Notice the ideal high placement up over western North Dakota:

nam_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_12.thumb.png.963984567a214807b7bce338e823c0c2.png

:lol:

4 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

memories of the last few years of big snow totals forecasted only to end up sleet are making me nervous.  hope the gfs holds serve, not much wiggle room here in wake.

Was just reading the thread for the Jan 28, 2014 event.  It was simliar with tight gradient and we were hoping for a last min NW shift and never got it...still got 2-4" across the area.  The NAM did show some crazy totals that didn't verify.  The RGEM/Euro ended up being most correct on just about everything, QPF/temps/gradient.

I'm glad that there is a place to come and whine.  I'm really getting tired of seeing 4"-6" forecasts for NW Wake County and then ending up with an inch of sleet and rain.  Happy for people in GA and SC though.  Knowing that the Triad is going to get thumped while we get skunked really is a bummer.

11 minutes ago, snowinnc said:

I'm glad that there is a place to come and whine.  I'm really getting tired of seeing 4"-6" forecasts for NW Wake County and then ending up with an inch of sleet and rain.  Happy for people in GA and SC though.  Knowing that the Triad is going to get thumped while we get skunked really is a bummer.

LMAO! You are going to get like 6 inches. SMH

I have been around here long enough to know that since I don't know what I am talking about, it's best for me to stay out of the discussion threads.  It is killing me that there are people questioning the validity of models that they don't know anything about.  "Well is the {insert model here} really able to {insert complaint about what it is saying here}?"

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE MODEL IS SUPPOSE TO MEASURE, WOULD IT BE SO HARD TO SEARCH SOMEWHERE AND FIND OUT????!!!!!