Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

Just now, Cold Rain said:

Just wait and see....

You'll be saying, "Well, it's just snow.  No big deal."  By 10:45 tonight.

LOL...why I wanted to wait until 12z runs today, the shift was going to happen.  I thought after the Euro/EPS ticked SE we wouldn't have to worry about this.  Oh well, it's just snow :-)

Just now, packbacker said:

LOL...why I wanted to wait until 12z runs today, the shift was going to happen.  I thought after the Euro/EPS ticked SE we wouldn't have to worry about this.  Oh well, it's just snow :-)

Haha.  I wouldn't be as concerned if the NAM wasn't getting warmer with each successive run.  That's a problem.

1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

Lol!  Well at least we got long-tracked this thing all the way up until 36 hours.  That was kinda fun.  Tiny little jumps NW at 60-48 and then BAM!  Massive shift at 36.

Que the Lucy gif...thank goodness I am in meetings all day and can't watch the train wreck 12z models come in.  

Just now, WidreMann said:

Regardless of NAM vs non-NAM, any time we rely on cold air to show up during the storm, we're GOING to get screwed. Our best storms always have the cold air already in place well ahead of the storm.

Yes, that is usually true.  Before, we just had to hope the cold would be filtering in quickly.  Now, we have to hope that the models are busting too high on temps, the cold will filter in quickly, and the NAM is completely wrong at 36 hours.  I'm sure we'll add to this list shortly.

Just now, packbacker said:

Que the Lucy gif...thank goodness I am in meetings all day and can't watch the train wreck 12z models come in.  

PM me your phone number and I'll provide text updates.

GFS way NW

GEM with a massive jump north

UK -- can't see what happens between the 96 hr panel increments

ICON -- Low over Smithfield

EURO -- MUCH warmer

You know the drill.