Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

38 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I don't remember that one. I think the Jan 2000 storm did us good for the year.

It was forecast to be 6 to 12 in raleigh but a wave the day before shoved the baroclinic zone further offshore and moved the low development further east. TWC had crews in rdu and Winston Salem and they got zipped. Sun was out at WS and east of 95 got thumped.

Great write up on how and why it busted on rah past events page.

3 minutes ago, Solak said:

Is this really likely? Meteostar (18z 1/4/17) is showing a high of 8° on Monday and a low of 3° for KJNX (Johnston County(NC) Airport). Is the airmass realy going to be that cold with the expected snowpack?

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=KJNX

Cold is almost always overdone with snowpack, IMO.

44 minutes ago, Solak said:

Is this really likely? Meteostar (18z 1/4/17) is showing a high of 8° on Monday and a low of 3° for KJNX (Johnston County(NC) Airport). Is the airmass realy going to be that cold with the expected snowpack?

It's pretty cold airnass, just look up towards the Midwest and Oh valley 

37 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

I do think wide spread single digits are likely Sunday night, I can count on one hand that occurrence here over the past 12 years. 

Oh yeah, sure, it just seems unlikely to me we see widespread negative single digits or highs in the single digits like I've seen on some model output.

For the aatlanta crowd....I've got a flight out of Atl on Saturday at 1.  Gonna leave Greenville Friday around noon and stay at a hotel right beside the airport so I'm right there Sat morning.  How the de-icing equipment?  Any chance I get out of Atl Saturday?  Headed to Tampa for the game.....

2 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

guys, no need to freak out over temps. i know we ALWAYS have temp issues but even the warmest models have wake cty all snow.  we are in the sweet spot. enjoy the ride and don't fall into the 48hr panic that hits before every storm.

The NW trend always happens.  Without fail.  Don't let your guard down!  And keep an eye on that high to the north.  Don't let it out of site; it will sneak away if you let it.

Just now, Cold Rain said:

The NW trend always happens.  Without fail.  Don't let your guard down!

what part of wake are you in? im near the airport so i guess i have a little wiggle room lol, just would love to see a swath of snow feeding right onto us all night and into sat.  wouldnt get much sleep for sure.

2 hours ago, Solak said:

Lol it has a low of 0 with a wind chill of -15F for Raleigh. I believe that's wind chill warning criteria.

Hh4jSRp.png

5 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

The NW trend always happens.  Without fail.  Don't let your guard down!  And keep an eye on that high to the north.  Don't let it out of site; it will sneak away if you let it.

That's why I'm glad I live in Chapel Hill (when I'm not at college). It gives me just a little more room than RDU. But sometimes I wish I lived in Hillsborough or somewhere in northern Orange County so I'd do even better.

1 minute ago, lookingnorth said:

That's why I'm glad I live in Chapel Hill (when I'm not at college). It gives me just a little more room than RDU. But sometimes I wish I lived in Hillsborough or somewhere in northern Orange County so I'd do even better.

Chapel Hill is usually a good place to be for events like this.  I wouldn't want to live there for other reasons, though. Haha