Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

2 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

So unless things change really quickly, this will be a cage match to the death between competing models.  I don't recall such spread this close to zero hour.  We all have personal interests in how this plays out, but it'll be interesting regardless.

I like where we are in GSO sitting NW of the bullseye to be honest. I have a good feeling about this one. 

Just now, southernskimmer said:

I like where we are in GSO sitting NW of the bullseye to be honest. I have a good feeling about this one. 

I'm confident that we might get 1"-2" out of this. Not quite sold yet that we can get more that 4".

Current trend:

"I really like the GFS right now. It's been very consistent. I've always been a fan of it," says the guy from Atlanta.  "The Euro has been so consistent. Such a great model. I expect it to verify," says the guy from Newport News.

As if any of us have a clue. :)

37 minutes ago, southernskimmer said:

I'm actually starting to think that we might be too far north this time.  Looks like there is pretty good consensus among the major models that this thing might not lift up in time to give us anything substantial.  The Euro has me hanging on though..    We just need this thing to get a little more amp'd up and that trough to sharpen up and we'll be golden.  

26 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

I'm confident that we might get 1"-2" out of this. Not quite sold yet that we can get more that 4".

Current trend:

"I really like the GFS right now. It's been very consistent. I've always been a fan of it," says the guy from Atlanta.  "The Euro has been so consistent. Such a great model. I expect it to verify," says the guy from Newport News.

As if any of us have a clue. :)

(The shifting meta-commentary is almost as amusing as the shifting primary convo.) 

8 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Yes indeed.  Those are my two favorites.  Did you like Rogue One?

Yes sir! I thought they did a great job recreating the look of the original trilogy. Seeing the walkers again was also a treat. Won't say much more because I'm afraid I'll create spoilers.

Be interesting to see how it holds up years from now.

3 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

Wow!  We're desperate if we're pulling out the German model.

Nein snow for you!!

I've been following it for a year or two and  Like every model it is hit or miss. I haven't noticed any consistent glaring errors though. 

2 hours ago, FLO said:

So I guess only certain people are allowed  to post in the main thread. All I did was quote Buckeye's post about the GSP statement and how I don't consider it very encouraging looking at the recent model trends and it gets deleted. This place is like a high school clique. 

It's got nothing at all to do with that. There is a good reason we hide comments/posts  like that...and that is to keep the more in depth posts and info to from being  buried so quickly...and to make the more informative posts easier to find. If we let all the "i love/hate this run",  "how much for mby", or "it's not very encouraging" posts everyone would quickly get annoyed and those who take the time to make in depth and useful posts are almost wasting their time because their efforts are soon to be buried 10 pages back..and a lot of people don't have time to spend an hour skimming back through the thread to find a few good posts buried in a sea of much less useful stuff.

. This is why we ask folks to keep that type of stuff in threads like this or the banter thread.  Sure we miss some but we don't sit back and pick and choose who is allowed to post trivial stuff or not. You have to remember you don't see most of the things we end up hiding/deleting which includes posts from everyone. 

Well, folks in the Triangle area have been officially snow jinxed.  Coming back from Chapel Hill to Raleigh on US 40, there were signs out warning of slow-moving trucks putting salt down on the roads.  This is a sure sign that we will likely have <1.0" of snow accumulation.  :rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, YetAnotherRDUGuy said:

Yes sir! I thought they did a great job recreating the look of the original trilogy. Seeing the walkers again was also a treat. Won't say much more because I'm afraid I'll create spoilers.

Be interesting to see how it holds up years from now.

Completely agree.  I believe it will hold up well.

3 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

This is going to be a dud Euro run.  I'm pretty confident about that.

You'd think at 2.5 days there'd be some GFS/EURO/Ukie/CMC consensus, but no.  Hopefully Euro goes to the Ukie.  

Oh, and lower those stinkin snow shields! It's killing me you're not in to this threat.  Raleigh seems to be sitting pretty I'm surprised you're not more excited...

1 hour ago, Cold Rain said:

Yes indeed.  Those are my two favorites.  Did you like Rogue One?

No one asked me, but I loved it. For western Triangle peeps, tomorrow (Thu) looks to be the last night it's playing at the Silverspot. Going for an encore.