• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

Sorry, lurker non-met and I usually keep my posts to a minimum. However, tonight's posts are more cryptic than usual but tone seems pretty negative. Did we lose the storm for now?

(Figured this would be okay in cliff diver thread.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, thess said:

Sorry, lurker non-met and I usually keep my posts to a minimum. However, tonight's posts are more cryptic than usual but tone seems pretty negative. Did we lose the storm for now?

GFS went north and had rain for NC.

Still a long way to go, however.

10 minutes ago, thess said:

The storm is still modeled just more north than last run. Maybe a Virginia snow event down into NC

Thanks guys. I appreciate the answers and I'll hush back up now. 

(I gotta quit this hobby--don't even have the technical foundation, so the ups and downs suck but are also often obfuscated due to my lack of knowledge. It's a unique torture!)

19 minutes ago, thess said:

Thanks guys. I appreciate the answers and I'll hush back up now. 

(I gotta quit this hobby--don't even have the technical foundation, so the ups and downs suck but are also often obfuscsfed due to my lack of knowledge. It's a unique torture!)

I know the feeling. I've been a lurker here for several years and I feel that I have a good handle on the jargon and can understand what others are saying.

As to actually doing my own interpretation beyond what a map shows....I have a very long way to go.

Well i admit 0Z Gfs had me concerned and still does. Shows one possible scenario. But after euro and cmc i wasnt as worried and now the 6Z Gfs goes ham again. This will be an interesting week for sure of model hugging. Really appreciate the pbp last night by Grit and others! Lets get some good 12Z runs in today.

1 hour ago, oconeexman said:

Well i admit 0Z Gfs had me concerned and still does. Shows one possible scenario. But after euro and cmc i wasnt as worried and now the 6Z Gfs goes ham again. This will be an interesting week for sure of model hugging. Really appreciate the pbp last night by Grit and others! Lets get some good 12Z runs in today.

6z Gfs please

2 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

A good Miller B with good CAD that transfers to the coast at a lower latitude? Or a bad one with weaker CAD and gets north or our latitude?

Front end snow/ice to rain.  The pattern just doesn't feel right for a suppressed system to me.  But I don't have much model evidence of it yet.  Hopefully, it stays that way.  For a good Miller B or hybrid Miller A/B thing, I want to see a huge high over PA or New England.

37 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Front end snow/ice to rain.  The pattern just doesn't feel right for a suppressed system to me.  But I don't have much model evidence of it yet.  Hopefully, it stays that way.  For a good Miller B or hybrid Miller A/B thing, I want to see a huge high over PA or New England.

I tend to agree. It's amazing the blocking is so weak but the pv/50/50 stays so far south on most models, and so many high pressures are popping up right in the right place. I'm expecting to rug to be pulled out at any moment.