Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

37 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Until it don't, then its awesome! Just think if we got a widespread 5-10" snow and get ahead of the MidAtlantic  for totals!!! :):)

That won't happen...that I can guarantee.  Raleigh hasn't had 10" the past 5 seasons added up.  

2 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

My money is on whichever gives me rain! That solution WOW showed, about what we don't want to happen, to screw up our snow, book it!

I'll take all the rain I can get. By the way, I'm not sure we ever get another storm like the 1988 snowstorm. For upstate SC that one will never be topped. For all talk about the 1993 superstorm, that only dropped about 2-3 inches of snow here. The northwest half of this board would meltdown for sure if we got a repeat of Jan 24-25 2000 though. That one dropped right at 12 inches of snow here, while most of the GSP metro only had light snow of flurries that didn't stick. The posters from Raleigh would go crazy though.

88 was a good snow for many, Upstate happened to be in the bullseye for once in history. It is amazing to me though that the western upstate has never seen a bigger snow (technically Spartanburg got 15 inches in like 1902?), which is more than GSP airport recorded from 88 storm). There are lots and lots of places that have bigger all-times, Birmingham, Columbia, Florence, Charlotte, Raleigh, and of course mountains and farther north, but those are a few right here. Just goes to show how difficult it is to truly get a good one right here tucked away in our little area. Downslopping, dryslotting, WAA, too far from the Atlantic, Leeward cycloogenesis (farther East), there is always something to keep us from getting ours here in the upstate. As awesome as 93 Superstorm was IMBY, we still didn't get the totals of many places like Asheville, Chatanooga, Birmingham. And, yes, Jan 2000 was a crush job for us western peeps, crushed dreams, crushed egos, crushed with jealousy, etc.

47 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Don't forget to pick up some Ice melt early this week, before all gets gone!! You welcome for the tip! ;)   Y'all know it's coming late week/weekend...............

I'll be sure to wax up my snow shovel; already split some more firewood; that should about do it to kill any chance of snow.  :gun_bandana:

1 hour ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Don't forget to pick up some Ice melt early this week, before all gets gone!! You welcome for the tip! ;)   Y'all know it's coming late week/weekend...............

My NWS Raleigh forecast has me on alert.

Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.

16 minutes ago, jburns said:

Friday
Friday Night
Saturday
Saturday Night
Sunday

I hope you have plenty of provisions, stay safe!

1 hour ago, jburns said:

Friday
Friday Night
Saturday
Saturday Night
Sunday

Do you live next to shetley? 

5 hours ago, packbacker said:

Can't wait for the NW trend so the MA to BOS gets there 10-15".   That's always enjoyable. 

Like I said...we aren't getting a snow storm before the MA gets there's.  Just like Lions can't beat the Packers.   We will always have the Navgem which was crushing snows for the SE in its 12z and 18z runs.  

IMG_3833.GIF