joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2017 General Discussion

SchaumburgStormer

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind living out west in elevation.  I'm not complaining tho.  Warmth lasted a day and came with a load of snow... a few more inches today. 

Cleared off the deck last Friday.  measured 19" out there this morning so more than 2' has fallen.  Looks like a stretch of quiet weather coming, however.

IMG_0521.JPG

3 hours ago, Hoosier said:

NAM develops some decent MUCAPE (for this time of year) into the southern Lakes later.  Will have trouble realizing sfc based CAPE but still may not be out of the question to get strong/isolated severe storms.

It's interesting you would mention this.  One Indpls TV met has mentioned this possibility for tonight as the front sags southeast, but SPC has not hoisted a marginal risk like they did yesterday which gave me my first t storm of the year (also svr warned) which resulted in the most extensive tree damage I've had in my yard since moving here in 2014.  In January no less. Will have to see what happens tonight.

3 hours ago, Hoosier said:

NAM develops some decent MUCAPE (for this time of year) into the southern Lakes later.  Will have trouble realizing sfc based CAPE but still may not be out of the question to get strong/isolated severe storms.

NAM has ticked up a bit with the 18z run, shows over 500 j/KG this evening even as far north as here by 03z. I think it is good bet we will be seeing thunderstorms this evening. 4km actually has pockets near 1000 j/KG, more than likely overdone but if not there will be a decent hail potential with anything that develops.

Archived