Welcome to American Weather
  • Announcements

• Wow

SUBSCRIPTION DRIVE 2017   01/09/2017

As you may have noticed, many of you are receiving renewal notices for subscriptions.  Over the past year we have upgraded our board software and one of our dedicated servers to help speed things up.  Plans for this year are to upgrade further to make everything even faster and more reliable. If we meet our goal of $10,000 in subscription sales this winter, all members with a Super ($50) subscription or higher will receive a free American Weather T-shirt.  Additional details will follow if we make our goal!
MAG5035

Central PA - January 2017

400 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, canderson said:

Liking the new job?

Yes and no.

I like driving the newer Kenworth, but being away from home gets old kind of quick. There is no comparison to waking up in the morning in your own bed at home and walking down the hall to go to the bathroom, and getting a cup of coffee in your own kitchen. The pay is more erratic as it's based on miles run and can fluctuate greatly from week to week. And in the case of this week, not getting a full weekend at home. I have to leave out for North Carolina again Sunday morning.

My wife's close friend's parents own two trucks and run local with them. They are in need of a driver for one of the trucks and called me to see if I was interested in driving one of them. The run is Monday through Friday with full weekends off, and pay pretty well for the area and the job at hand. I'm close to saying yes, but the truck I'd be driving is a mid 1990's Freightliner. It's supposedly well maintained mechanically, but the outward appearance is little bit ragged.

Not sure yet what I want to do

The High res 3km & 4km NAM the last couple of runs has indicated a change over to snow for most of CTP for the storm early this week.

The final track & strength of the storm will determine if we get any snow out of this. The best chance will be in the I-99 corridor, especially those locations with elevation. I would still not rule out a messy few inches in the Harrisburg area as the storm wraps up off the coast.

Hopefully this storm track repeats in the next couple of weeks when we have more cold air to work with in the pattern.

32 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The High res 3km & 4km NAM the last couple of runs has indicated a change over to snow for most of CTP for the storm early this week.

The final track & strength of the storm will determine if we get any snow out of this. The best chance will be in the I-99 corridor, especially those locations with elevation. I would still not rule out a messy few inches in the Harrisburg area as the storm wraps up off the coast.

Hopefully this storm track repeats in the next couple of weeks when we have more cold air to work with in the pattern.

Yeah I'm seeing the 12z still trying to make it happen for Central/NC and points NE.  Lets hope today brings it back for us.  Its a close call for sure.  Id hate to be a forecaster for this one.

Nut

4 hours ago, Voyager said:

Yes and no.

I like driving the newer Kenworth, but being away from home gets old kind of quick. There is no comparison to waking up in the morning in your own bed at home and walking down the hall to go to the bathroom, and getting a cup of coffee in your own kitchen. The pay is more erratic as it's based on miles run and can fluctuate greatly from week to week. And in the case of this week, not getting a full weekend at home. I have to leave out for North Carolina again Sunday morning.

My wife's close friend's parents own two trucks and run local with them. They are in need of a driver for one of the trucks and called me to see if I was interested in driving one of them. The run is Monday through Friday with full weekends off, and pay pretty well for the area and the job at hand. I'm close to saying yes, but the truck I'd be driving is a mid 1990's Freightliner. It's supposedly well maintained mechanically, but the outward appearance is little bit ragged.

Not sure yet what I want to do

I'd choose weekends at home. And steadier pay.

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Think this one is rain for all here, maybe with exception of 2001. 12z actually looked a touch warmer overall.