Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - February 2017

MAG5035

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

All these fools i work with have blinders on, "Spring is here" etc. Most of these people lived here all their lives and should know better. Just when were all feeling the affects of spring, Winter will be back and kick us all in the nuts. 

I told my wife last night that we'll be watching high school baseball this year on 40 degree days with a 20 mph wind. You just know it's coming...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

I told my wife last night that we'll be watching high school baseball this year on 40 degree days with a 20 mph wind. You just know it's coming...

I played baseball in the mid 90s / early 2000s and that was every game I ever played before July when it magically became 100+.

I was the typical fat kid that ruled Little League with an iron fist so the wind was nice to get more distance on hitting. But I also pitched and that's when it sucked.

12 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

Back when I was doing sports photography for our local newspaper, I froze more often shooting high school baseball than I did football.

What a warm day today, my only complaint here is it is still way too muddy to do much outside around the house. By the time this major warm spell gets mitigated to some degree next weekend, we'll have lost a big chunk of our prime major snowstorm climo. JB's "American Pie" February must have been fresh out of the oven. 

I for one hope that back to reality slap to the face comes sooner rather than later in March so we could at least salvage an opportunity or two and bounce into spring normally. However, I'm seeing the same problems we've seen all winter long in the longer range of the models. They definitely are reloading Canada with very cold air (finally) as the coming week wears on, but the progressive and very active jet just doesn't allow any press deep into the CONUS and once again the trough is focusing on the western half of the country and forces a pretty solid SE ridge eventually. We should cool back to around average after the system progged around next weekend but it looks that we'll be quite vulnerable to cutters beyond that. Thus, we may be on the wrong side of the boundary again with what will probably be a pretty robust storm pattern as the cold reloads in Canada and the southern US warms with March arriving. Or I guess a better way to put that would be... as the already very warm regime continues on in the southern US. 

We are extremely dry and people don't realize it. With this warm spring like weather, people are out working in their yards cleaning up and assume its OK to burn, which we here all know it is not. I think this Spring/Summer is going to be a busy time for wildfires. 

Almost seems like we are due for a good drought. 2001 was the last year Harrisburg was at least 1 standard deviation below normal in rainfall and since 1999 they have had below normal rainfall only 4 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This Pacific air seems to be kicking the entire continental U.S. in the ass every couple years now. I'm not a met, so maybe one can show us some charts to debunk my tinfoil hattery here.

<tinfoil> What are the chances the surge of warmth from the Pacific is related to any supposed influence from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant that almost melted to complete shat in 2011? </tinfoil>

Not really a "serious" inquiry. I'm looking (read: reaching) for a scapegoat

Archived