Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - February 2017

MAG5035

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, canderson said:

MDT might see 9 or 10 consecutive days with highs above 55. In February.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Just one glance at the LR and we might as well just go right to spring. It's comical at this point. Kid you not, WPC's 7 day QPF forecast had New England getting lots of precip, Southern Mid-Atlantic getting precip and a big ole goose egg for up our ways. Just can't make this stuff up. 

4 hours ago, pasnownut said:

I'm in.....  if he has a smoker....I make a whicked country spare rib. :)

We can just drink beer eat and talk about all of the digital snow we got this year.  

I have a bud that lives in Clearfield/Grass Flats area, and hes told me how often it snows up there...and how I'd love it.  So Im not making this stuff up.  

Nut

We do have flakes in the air quite often relative to others on here... but most of the time it doesnt add up to much.

It still beats no snow though.

26 minutes ago, 2001kx said:

We do have flakes in the air quite often relative to others on here... but most of the time it doesnt add up to much.

It still beats no snow though.

Dude...thats pic is FREAKY!!

yeah, for me to see flakes flying is good for the soul....

Nut

3 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Haha. Millersville sports didn't interest me much, although I did follow baseball and field hockey some. One of the girls in the major was starting goalie for National Championship winning squad my senior year! I follow Penn State football so that would work. Pro sports wise though, that's where differences clash lol

I'm sure we can find some common ground with New England. They just have to win at everything... NFL championships, back to back blizzards, etc lol. Which pro teams are you a fan of? I'm a pretty normal western PA pro sports person (Steelers/Pen's/Pirates). Crab cakes and beer sound amazing.. Nut will have to bring the smoker I don't have one haha.  

11 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I'm sure we can find some common ground with New England. They just have to win at everything... NFL championships, back to back blizzards, etc lol. Which pro teams are you a fan of? I'm a pretty normal western PA pro sports person (Steelers/Pen's/Pirates). Crab cakes and beer sound amazing.. Nut will have to bring the smoker I don't have one haha.  

Has to be a Ravens fan :facepalm::P

5 hours ago, pasnownut said:

Mag needs to change his name to "Lightening Rod"

Beer and crabcakes....Hell, I'll drive for that....even if it is for lightening.  What can I bring?  lol

Nut

Haha it was actually the first time in a few years I've had any kind of thundersnow. Kinda caught me off guard... it was just a good rumble of thunder and then a pretty run of the mill snow squall...no crazy whiteout or anything.  

2 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Haha it was actually the first time in a few years I've had any kind of thundersnow. Kinda caught me off guard... it was just a good rumble of thunder and then a pretty run of the mill snow squall...no crazy whiteout or anything.  

I've seen thundersnow 3 times.  Blizz #2 couple years ago most recent to memory, but did have a squall line a couple years back that also had a clap or 2.  

Guess you and I are the northern versions or Jim Cantore.....love is love of weather.

Nut

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

I've seen thundersnow 3 times.  Blizz #2 couple years ago most recent to memory, but did have a squall line a couple years back that also had a clap or 2.  

Guess you and I are the northern versions or Jim Cantore.....love is love of weather.

Nut

2/12/83 had loud thunder across Lanco...that storm dropped a cool 5" between 4pm and 5pm. That was the 1st time I remember hearing thunder with snow, it was my senior year of high school. 

Lol half my family is from michigan and went to school there. Since weather is boring i have to ask this question. Why do psu fans have this obsession and hatred for UM? From my experience most UM fans kinda like PSU and rooted for them  to win Big Ten. OSU hates y'all for sure,  maybe focus on them a little more. Hell, my buddy who has PSU season tickets says UM fans are among the friendliest and most docile to visit, especially when compared to Rutgers or OSU.

7 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Lol half my family is from michigan and went to school there. Since weather is boring i have to ask this question. Why do psu fans have this obsession and hatred for UM? From my experience most UM fans kinda like PSU and rooted for them  to win Big Ten. OSU hates y'all for sure,  maybe focus on them a little more.

Easy. My hatred for Michigan was really bred during PSU's Orange Bowl season about 10 years ago. PSU had them beat up at the Big House, somehow the clock operator "inadvertently" left time on the clock for one more, game-winning play. The last play should not have happened. The game was over. It was a total farce that likely cost PSU what would have been a very special season. 

Going back further, I couldn't stand Bo Schembeckler either. 

And then there's that Brady dude. Can't stand him. 

How much more do you want? 

16 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

Lol I have no friends here, like Pats, Michigan for football and basketball, OKC thunder in nba and Dodgers in baseball. 

Get out, get out now :blink:B)

1 hour ago, maytownpawx said:

Easy. My hatred for Michigan was really bred during PSU's Orange Bowl season about 10 years ago. PSU had them beat up at the Big House, somehow the clock operator "inadvertently" left time on the clock for one more, game-winning play. The last play should not have happened. The game was over. It was a total farce that likely cost PSU what would have been a very special season. 

Listen to him ^^^^^^^^^ SMART MAN

20 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Well, we can definitely find some common ground on hating New England. I can honestly say, watching this NFL season was the worst damn season for me ever. There are none worse. Crab cakes and beer go together like PB&J or spaghetti and meatballs. They make a great meal anytime. I also love steamed crabs. Crab is just good at anytime lol.  

20 hours ago, 2001kx said:

Has to be a Ravens fan :facepalm::P

Yup!! Baltimore born and raised. I hate the steelers, but I do respect them more than that wack team in the north. They can kiss the fattest part of my... hand. 

Just caught this interesting bit of info. While MDT is sitting at 5.5" for the winter to date, 180ish miles up I-81 in Binghamton they're sitting at 91.9". I know it's a good bit snowier there than H-burg but that number is 164% of average to date and already 110% of their entire seasonal average. That's also good for second in the Golden Snowball contest that's run between 5 Upstate NY cities (Syracuse, Rochester, Albany, Buffalo, and Binghamton). Just kinda shows the fine line that we've been south of a good bit of the winter. Also can note how much Buffalo has struggled compared to their average between a more dominant westerly/WNW lake trajectory and healthy dose of cutting storms that easily scour out cold in WNY.

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 5.01.52 PM.png

8 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

Lol half my family is from michigan and went to school there. Since weather is boring i have to ask this question. Why do psu fans have this obsession and hatred for UM? From my experience most UM fans kinda like PSU and rooted for them  to win Big Ten. OSU hates y'all for sure,  maybe focus on them a little more. Hell, my buddy who has PSU season tickets says UM fans are among the friendliest and most docile to visit, especially when compared to Rutgers or OSU.

I'm not sure I see that much hatred towards Michigan from PSU fans. OSU is another story...

5 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Just caught this interesting bit of info. While MDT is sitting at 5.5" for the winter to date, 180ish miles up I-81 in Binghamton they're sitting at 91.9". I know it's a good bit snowier there than H-burg but that number is 164% of average to date and already 110% of their entire seasonal average. That's also good for second in the Golden Snowball contest that's run between 5 Upstate NY cities (Syracuse, Rochester, Albany, Buffalo, and Binghamton). Just kinda shows the fine line that we've been south of a good bit of the winter. Also can note how much Buffalo has struggled compared to their average between a more dominant westerly/WNW lake trajectory and healthy dose of cutting storms that easily scour out cold in WNY.

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 5.01.52 PM.png

It would be amazing if Albany ended up with more snow than Buffalo. My family in Albany still has over a foot of snow on the ground.

8 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

Fair enough my man. Still like you guys, plus you just won the BIG and have a great coach...lighten up Francis! I'll root psu eleven weeks a season. Im still dying over 24 hours post, well done. 

40 minutes ago, canderson said:

Well the next 10 days will have highs at or above 55. Only one day it looks like the low dips below 35.

Enjoy spring, everyone!

All these fools i work with have blinders on, "Spring is here" etc. Most of these people lived here all their lives and should know better. Just when were all feeling the affects of spring, Winter will be back and kick us all in the nuts. 

Archived