• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - February 2017

MAG5035

I think so, I think they come down the mountain, hit the water, and build strength into the city due to the building heights. Like if you're in NYC in a storm you can see a massive difference depending on the avenue you're on.

My office is on Front Street so it gets direct exposure.

It would be interesting if we could get wind speed and direction data from your office weather station going back a few years for all wind advisory days we had and compare it to kdmt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, canderson said:

94-95 had 9".

MDT is around 4.5" right now.

I'll say we finish with the least snow ever.

Up until this past weekend I would have taken a bet on that, but geez things sure don't look good at this point. You might very well be right...

...wait - where is Blizzard of 93 at? We need his mojo in here pronto. 

1 hour ago, maytownpawx said:

Up until this past weekend I would have taken a bet on that, but geez things sure don't look good at this point. You might very well be right...

...wait - where is Blizzard of 93 at? We need his mojo in here pronto. 

Looks like the only hope is that modeled storm coming across the country around the 22nd really changes the atmosphere.

MDT is sitting at 5.5 inches of snow this year.

CTP has a great bar graph that shows the seasonal snow total amounts dating back to 1980.

The MDT average is a little over 30 inches per year. The last 3 years have finished above average with season total amounts of 39,39 & 44 inches. It is the best 3 consecutive year period since 1980.

The vast majority of the worst snow seasons since 1980 managed to get MDT into at least the low double digits. History tells us that we probably are probably not done with snow yet. 

Also, it is obviously now only the middle of February, and as recently as last year, we have had measurable snow in the first week of April. We still have about 7 weeks left to score some snow. 

Joe Bastardi posted tonight about the MJO now going through the colder phases of 8 & then into phase 1. He said the Euro ensemble looked good for the last week of February with a trough in the east & a ridge out west.

The winter clock is ticking, but the game is not over by a long shot.

This has been 2 awful winters back to back. We ended up above average only because of the high score. Aside from that, nothing. 

What's worse is that the cold air will finally arrive. In April. It won't check out until June. People were immense ***holes last May because the sun was nowhere to be found. 

I'm not saying it needs to be polar here, but when we have spring in December and Fall in May, it makes you want to climb the ladder to heaven and punch God right in the sack.

44 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

This has been 2 awful winters back to back. We ended up above average only because of the high score. Aside from that, nothing. 

What's worse is that the cold air will finally arrive. In April. It won't check out until June. People were immense ***holes last May because the sun was nowhere to be found. 

I'm not saying it needs to be polar here, but when we have spring in December and Fall in May, it makes you want to climb the ladder to heaven and punch God right in the sack.

Bugs are going to be awful this year. No cold at all, looks like March scorches and goes into a warm Spring.

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

Agreed...except for punchin you know who in the sack.  I have plans someday and dont want to make it tougher than I already have. :)

Outside of the biggie last year, it has been two HORRID years for those of us that like to see snow.  While we can score in 5 months out of the year, it really is a 90 day window for winter enthusiasts.  Guess thats why i pisses me off when we dont get nare a flake and when we do the moaning about it drives me batsh!t crazy.  Its not like we have endless winter round here.  Still think were not done yet, and any that are writing March off need to look at how well the models have done so far this winter.  Euro in the last two days has been a fish outta water, and mo nature can be all to cruel.  Truth be told, I'm not sure what the end of next week will be, and dont know what to tell my sled buds who are already askin.  Its been challenging for sure.  

Nut

13 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Agreed...except for punchin you know who in the sack.  I have plans someday and dont want to make it tougher than I already have. :)

Outside of the biggie last year, it has been two HORRID years for those of us that like to see snow.  While we can score in 5 months out of the year, it really is a 90 day window for winter enthusiasts.  Guess thats why i pisses me off when we dont get nare a flake and when we do the moaning about it drives me batsh!t crazy.  Its not like we have endless winter round here.  Still think were not done yet, and any that are writing March off need to look at how well the models have done so far this winter.  Euro in the last two days has been a fish outta water, and mo nature can be all to cruel.  Truth be told, I'm not sure what the end of next week will be, and dont know what to tell my sled buds who are already askin.  Its been challenging for sure.  

Nut

It's been a historically amazing decade for the PA southern tier... yall got multiple snowstorms way bigger than anything we've seen in 25 years up here. If you want to talk HORRID come up to the true CPA corridor haha.

5 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Just had a clap of thunder with this incoming snow squall line. 

I was suprised to see the coverage of snow showers.  didnt expect that.  Hoping for enough to let the kids have some winter fun this weekend up in Tioga.  Im told theres decent coverage up there, but we need more...before next week takes it ALL away....and we start over....again.  snif snif.

its been a long time since i've seen it this snowless.  Im thinking mid 80s.

Nut

10 hours ago, skiier04 said:

It's been a historically amazing decade for the PA southern tier... yall got multiple snowstorms way bigger than anything we've seen in 25 years up here. If you want to talk HORRID come up to the true CPA corridor haha.

i guess its all perspecive then because you guys get a constant barrage from the lakes, and I barely see a flake from then down here.  For me, I'd give up the "biggies" to be able to have the frequent bouts of refresher squalls that lay down 1-3" and have snow on the ground....even if only a few inches.  I like the wintery appeal/beauty.  

Ok....back on topic....oh thats right...theres nothing to talk about....unless you like warmups and more of the same.  SMH

Late next week is next chance for anything, and that biggie once again looks to have the right track, but no cold around.  Just pure depressing.  

Nut

State College and Williamsport get less than barraged from the lakes, it literally all downslopes before it gets here. Only thing we do better up here is CAD, which is usually 4 inches of wet snow followed by rain showers and 37 degree temps. Lol, I would gladly trade then in to see what a crippling snowfall is like in person.

16 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

State College and Williamsport get less than barraged from the lakes, it literally all downslopes before it gets here. Only thing we do better up here is CAD, which is usually 4 inches of wet snow followed by rain showers and 37 degree temps. Lol, I would gladly trade then in to see what a crippling snowfall is like in person.

I was talking about State College and Skiierville.  

I know Williamsport all too well.  Your snow dome is bigger than the one that Voyager thinks he has.

Nut

17 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I need to get out to your area one of these storms. I'll bring plenty of beer and make crab cakes. 

Mag needs to change his name to "Lightening Rod"

Beer and crabcakes....Hell, I'll drive for that....even if it is for lightening.  What can I bring?  lol

Nut

9 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Mag needs to change his name to "Lightening Rod"

Beer and crabcakes....Hell, I'll drive for that....even if it is for lightening.  What can I bring?  lol

Nut

Seriously, he's gotten wicked snow squalls at least twice last 3 years and I get flurries downwind lol. Bring some fresh corn in husk and a couple bags of Herrs. That'll make for one hell of a meal ^_^

4 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Seriously, he's gotten wicked snow squalls at least twice last 3 years and I get flurries downwind lol. Bring some fresh corn in husk and a couple bags of Herrs. That'll make for one hell of a meal ^_^

I'm in.....  if he has a smoker....I make a whicked country spare rib. :)

We can just drink beer eat and talk about all of the digital snow we got this year.  

I have a bud that lives in Clearfield/Grass Flats area, and hes told me how often it snows up there...and how I'd love it.  So Im not making this stuff up.  

Nut

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I'm in.....  if he has a smoker....I make a whicked country spare rib. :)

We can just drink beer eat and talk about all of the digital snow we got this year.  

I have a bud that lives in Clearfield/Grass Flats area, and hes told me how often it snows up there...and how I'd love it.  So Im not making this stuff up.  

Nut

I'm in for real as long as MAG is in lol. Nothing like a good ole fashioned meet up. Weather and food. Sports talk might be a little competitive though lol

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

I'm in for real as long as MAG is in lol. Nothing like a good ole fashioned meet up. Weather and food. Sports talk might be a little competitive though lol

Im a Penn College grad....and live in Lancaster (my wife grew up 5 min from da Ville....so I'll moderate :)

Nut

24 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Im a Penn College grad....and live in Lancaster (my wife grew up 5 min from da Ville....so I'll moderate :)

Nut

Haha. Millersville sports didn't interest me much, although I did follow baseball and field hockey some. One of the girls in the major was starting goalie for National Championship winning squad my senior year! I follow Penn State football so that would work. Pro sports wise though, that's where differences clash lol

Archived