Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - February 2017

MAG5035

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the latest radar, you can clearly see how the storm is rapidly intensifying. Points JUST to my east are actually back building nicely with heavy snow. I'm right at the cut-off with light snow here. The bombing low, convection, and subsidence all had a hand in cutting off the heavy snow rather quickly here.

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Did last years big storm have any thundersnow? Finished with 5.5" in Camp Hill with 4.3" coming between 2:30 and 4:30am with that thundersnow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Two separate instances of thunder snow down here in MD. Had 33.5" of snow from the Blizzard. Lots of lightning reports down this way and out toward parts of 81 down toward the PA line. Glad you guys really cashed in!

Just measured 4.5" on my board for the official total.  Unless some squalls make it down here from the NW I'm going to just fall shy of warning criteria.  Love it when everything is literally covered in white.  Looks quite pretty out there this morning.

Temp down to 27.7 degrees with a breeze, however, my anemometer got pasted over around 4:30am and has temporarily stopped reporting...lol.

PS>>>Definitely less accumulations on the sidewalks and street.  Maybe 3" tops.

38 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Looking at the latest radar, you can clearly see how the storm is rapidly intensifying. Points JUST to my east are actually back building nicely with heavy snow. I'm right at the cut-off with light snow here. The bombing low, convection, and subsidence all had a hand in cutting off the heavy snow rather quickly here.

Observation at the mouth of the Chesapeake hitting 55 mph in gusts along the tidewater of VA. This storm will be a meteorological marvel for New England. Rapid cyclogenesis. 

2 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

You really piled the snow up tonight, I'm at 5" down here trying to shoot for cracking warning criteria with the lingering back end. Not sure if I'm gonna get it. The first 3-4" was complete concrete and the last inch or so i've had with the mostly lighter snows has been a lot fluffier. You must've had much better ratios up that way during the most intense snowfall. There's probably even more than that 8.1" on top of the mountain.

Temp down to 27ºF with light snow. 

I finally beat you in a snowstorm...

The flakes were not really big or fluffy but it was coming down like a hard rain and had to be around 2" an hour for a couple hours.

Great storm here and i didnt see any rain - all snow.

I don't know what I officially have. The last good measurement, before the wind cranked up was 4.75" on my mother-in-law's car. I took another one which was 5.75", but the winds were already ripping at that point, so I don't know if it was over or under what would have been a true measurement. It's still snowing lightly as I type this, but I'm not sure what to call it. Unofficially, I'd venture to guess right around 6 inches.

Archived