joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - February 2017

MAG5035

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow congrats on the thundersnow. Just came in from some shoveling, and I figured coming back to 20 replies had to be something big haha. Another heavier band moving into here now so rates have picked back up again after being steady light-moderate for a bit. Measuring 4.2" for the event so far. This has got to be the wettest February snowfall I've ever seen. 

IMG_2098.JPG

Just woke up. Wanted to be up earlier but I had a hard time falling asleep last night. Snowing moderate to heavy here with a temp down to 30 degrees. Took 2 quick "unofficial" measurements, and I had 1.5" on the backyard sidewalk, and 2" on some bare ground where I've trained our dog to go pee. It's quite breezy as well with the falling snow blowing sideways and swirling around at times.

Not my video, but one from a guy we locals call Mr Tamaqua. He loves his town and has a page dedicated to news, events, and happenings in and around the borough. He set up a camera in the town center park and shot a 2 hour time lapse from 1:00am to 3:00am showing the start of the storm. I hope he puts up more from the heavier snow currently falling.

Eyeballing a 1-1.5" here in Manheim. Still coming down, albeit lighter than earlier. Glad we didn't bite the bullet on those robust model runs. Burned too much QPF on rain, now counting on the deformation bands to get th LSV into that 2-4, 4-6 ranges. May not happen!

About 3" on pavement and 5" on grassy surfaces in Camp Hill. Probably will end up with 6" total (at least on grassy areas). I'd say say 3" - 3 1/2" at least came during that 90 min blitzkrieg. RadarScope showed yellows just blossoming over the area when the thunder snow happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, 2001kx said:

8.1" and still snowing.

You really piled the snow up tonight, I'm at 5" down here trying to shoot for cracking warning criteria with the lingering back end. Not sure if I'm gonna get it. The first 3-4" was complete concrete and the last inch or so i've had with the mostly lighter snows has been a lot fluffier. You must've had much better ratios up that way during the most intense snowfall. There's probably even more than that 8.1" on top of the mountain.

Temp down to 27ºF with light snow. 

Archived