Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - February 2017

MAG5035

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Great scenery on the PSU webcams. I miss those nights. I remember walking around campus on 2/14/07 enjoying the heavy snow before the sleet came which I knew was minutes away based on Altoona flipping over and the mix line surging north. 

Still the furthest thing from wintry here on Long Island but that should change bigly by dawn. Dewpoint's ticking down, any thoughts on these parts?

I'd say your in pretty good shape over there, you should benefit from a pretty wound up low pressure and a good track for the NYC metro and LI as low heads for the benchmark. Just noticed the eastern 2/3rds of LI is under a blizzard warning. There's going to be some intense banding with this. Double digits def should be attainable.. maybe not to the level of the Euro Kuchera map I saw floating around but the deep coastal low will have plenty of cold air pulled down. Should have good ratios later in the event. 

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

First cat paws and pingers mixing in as rates picked up in last few min. 

Here we go....I hope. 

Congrats central pa peeps...and Wspt. 

Heres hoping for a good rest if the storm. I'm a little nervous down here.

Mag, save me. 

Nut

Eric said we'd transition rain-sleet-snow between 2am and 4am...should be right on cue. 

Thunder & lightning snow in Marysville within the last 10 minutes !

I woke up around 2am to heavy rain, which then mixed with sleet. I then heard the thunder & saw the lightning & looked out the window to heavy snow with all surfaces covered.

This has been 1 hour of the craziest weather that I can remember in a long time!

16 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

First cat paws and pingers mixing in as rates picked up in last few min. 

Here we go....I hope. 

Congrats central pa peeps...and Wspt. 

Heres hoping for a good rest if the storm. I'm a little nervous down here.

Mag, save me. 

Nut

Hang in there haha, the heavier precip looks like it's just starting to arrive into Akron ( I had to google where exactly that was haha). LWX radar to the SW looks pretty impressive. 

For my York peeps and further to the north and east, banding from the southwest across the Northern Shenandoah will be motioning into the area over the next several hours. The full transition to snow should see some pretty large flakes involved. Given the current CC depiction, full snow should be the main ptype across Adams county through western York. Hang tight! 

Archived