Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - February 2017

MAG5035

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Mag you think 3 to 4 is possible up this far? Lol that's my cutoff for good storm.

More like likely, that heavy snow building to the west and that 2001kx is getting slammed by will be coming through IPT. I think you look pretty good with the low end warning of 6" that CTP has forecast for IPT. 

1 minute ago, skiier04 said:

Do you see the radar and obs in this thread!!? You're about to get smoked.

You too, should be a crazy next 4 hours. The echos almost look like a tsunami about to engulf you. Is this (hopefully) PSU's first 6" storm of the season? I haven't been paying much attention this year. 

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

You too, should be a crazy next 4 hours. The echos almost look like a tsunami about to engulf you. Is this (hopefully) PSU's first 6" storm of the season? I haven't been paying much attention this year. 

Hey jm! Long time no see buddy. It's been over two years now since a 6" storm here.... I think you're in a pretty good spot for this one on Long Island too ;) 

12 minutes ago, meteo said:

I know its snowing hard out when the satellite goes out lol....Seriously though this is one of the fastest accumulating snows i've seen in a long awhile.

And we went into this event warm with a non frozen ground too. Probably the heaviest snow of the event bearing down on the Altoona/State College area. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 1.39.33 AM.png

25 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

It's already quite the sight now with the lights on. The snow is sticking to everything. 

Great scenery on the PSU webcams. I miss those nights. I remember walking around campus on 2/14/07 enjoying the heavy snow before the sleet came which I knew was minutes away based on Altoona flipping over and the mix line surging north. 

Still the furthest thing from wintry here on Long Island but that should change bigly by dawn. Dewpoint's ticking down, any thoughts on these parts?

Archived